Advice needed please

Options
I just had a quick look at the scales this morning, weigh is not due till Saturday and they say I've gained 3lbs!!!!!!!:mad:
So far this week I have not gone over, well one day I have:blushing:
What's going on, I will have to exercise like mad today and tomorrow. Do you think I should have stayed away from the scales until my weigh day. Also I seem to suffer a little from water retention, just took a pill but don't like to take them every day, I think it's my age :sad:

Replies

• EKarma
    EKarma Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    drink lots of water, cut back on your salt to 2500 mg or less, and eat at least 25 grams of fiber per day. Of course, you should continue with your regular exercise program..
  • Douniap
    Douniap Posts: 841
    Options
    I just had a quick look at the scales this morning, weigh is not due till Saturday and they say I've gained 3lbs!!!!!!!:mad:
    So far this week I have not gone over, well one day I have:blushing:
    What's going on, I will have to exercise like mad today and tomorrow. Do you think I should have stayed away from the scales until my weigh day. Also I seem to suffer a little from water retention, just took a pill but don't like to take them every day, I think it's my age :sad:

I would advise that you look closely at your sodium intake..That is one major reason for water retention..
    and yes, drink water and eat tons of fiber.. you won't need any pills..
    donh't stress over it.. Just continue your training as planned, review your sodium intake and keep on eating healthy and drinking healthy fluids such as water & green tea..
    To your health
    Dounia
  • Alyshe
    Alyshe Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    agree with Douniap. And I have to add that its not your age. Also I wanted to let you know that you are rockin it. So just keep up the good work. It will work out in the end.
  • angelascott919
    Options
    You also have to look at when you weighed. Had you already eaten, had you drank some water, gone potty. Wearing something heavy. A lot of things can contribute to the scale being mean. I would suggest just stick to your calories, exercise, drink lots of water and wait til Saturday to get back on the scale. Hopefully then you will see the results you are looking for.

GOOD LUCK!!!!:happy:
  • bloblynda
    bloblynda Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    It's difficult not to take a sneaky peeky in between official weigh times, but try to weigh (with no clothes on) at the same time once a week. This gives a better idea of trend rather than a one off blip, which I think this is. Keep going and don't be disheartened - these things happen.
  • knittygirl52
    knittygirl52 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    One of the things about weight loss is that it is NOT steady, and it is NOT consistent. Sometimes you gain -- water, a bad day catching up with you, sometimes it's just clothes. The main thing it to keep your eyes on the prize! Take the long view! One bad day does not make a bad life. One gain of 3 pounds does not mean you cannot lose weight. Of course you can! It IS a bit harder as we get older. Unfortunately, that's a fact of life. Even if we had been thin forever we would be working to keep it that way. Keep on working out, keep on eating right, keep on being honest with yourself. You'll get there. I have faith in you.