My transfomation, still going!

Options
310to200.jpg

(If the image doesn't work, you can see the now and then pictures here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/aacd06rp58q3wp7/310to200.jpg)

Hi Everyone,

I'm new here. Came here because I was looking for like-minded individuals (and new friends!)

July 6th, 2012: Weight = 310, Neck = 18 1/2, Chest = 55, Waist = 56. Blood Pressure = 160/100.
May 18th, 2013: Weight = 195, Neck = 15 1/2, Chest = 44, Waist = 36, Blood Pressure = 125/70.

I did not have any surgery (yet.. has anyone here had loose skin removed?).. I just started logging what I ate. Found out I was ingesting around 4000-4500 calories a day. I was appalled. I used a different website to log my food... and I started riding a bike... then climbing stairs (I climbed to the top of Rockefeller Center in less than 14 minutes!) and now running.

I eat carbs. Actually, close to half of my calories are carbs (47 Carb, 28 protein, 25 fat). I just decided that I needed to make better decisions. I still eat fast food. I just have the calorie counts of the menus nearly memorized, and I have a specific order for each fast food restaurant. I firmly believe in calories in vs. calories out. Being heavy forever, this simple idea has helped me lose an exorbitant amount of weight.

I have never felt so empowered.

Replies

• WillowWindow
    WillowWindow Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Great accomplishment!!! Wish I had that much determination; hope you are enjoying better health and being able to do so much more than before. :)
  • Maridar
    Maridar Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    great job, keep going!!! I am taking it slowly, too. Great discipline and commitment on your part!!
  • nicola1141
    nicola1141 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!
  • ecoldbrook
    ecoldbrook Posts: 20
    Options
    you look fantastic!
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look amazing....

My one negative comment, HOLD YOUR HEAD UP MAN!!! Super job and amazing inspiration, thanks so much for sharing :drinker:
  • ShelbyNicole08
    Options
    You have done an amazing job! What a difference that is insane :)
  • Capt_Inzane
    Capt_Inzane Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I can't see the pictures (we block dropbox at work) but I was 350 at my heaviest and am now sitting around the 280's. You sir are an inspiration to me! I can see the current picture so awesome job!!
  • LoudmouthLee
    LoudmouthLee Posts: 358
    Options
    I love all of the love you guys are showing. Thank you!

If I could be of any help to any of you, please, let me know! :)
  • Zoejohnse91
    Zoejohnse91 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Oh my! You look like a totally different guy! Amazing! :drinker:
  • thedesertkid
    Options
    Bravo!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!