Feeling pretty good, then I say pictures...

Options
I was feeling pretty good about my 20 pounds of weight loss and feeling confident. Two weeks ago we went to a friends graduation and there were pictures posted of all of us. I was instantly discouraged again. I cannot believe how much weight I had allowed myself to gain. I am completely embarrassed about the pictures. Now I need to turn that embarrassment into motivation and work harder at getting healthy, but I'm stuck wanting to crawl under my covers and never come out. Usually I'm a pretty self motivated person, but for some reason this is really getting me down. Has anyone else had these struggles and what did you do to kick the pity party?

Replies

• cdcooper321
    cdcooper321 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I get a lil angry at myself and turn it into POWER! You've lost *20lbs* I mean, that is INCREDIBLE!!! Congratulations! Just imagine how even more amazing you're going to look and feel after losing 20 more! You can do this! We can do this!
  • Rawr1978
    Rawr1978 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    If you don't want to keep feeling heavier than you want to be, get up and get going. Crawling under the covers isn't going to make you lose any more weight. That's what I use to get myself going.
  • kmbweber2014
    kmbweber2014 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies. I feel like it's common sense I just need to get off my butt and stop throwing a pity party, but I'm in a funk I guess.
  • FeersFitness
    Options
    Don't worry you'll get over it.

You have to focus on the positive things. I know it sounds cliché but it's true, especially when it comes to weight loss. Don't you think it's silly that all of a sudden you don't feel good about your progress anymore after one singe photo. Think of how far you've come and just keep on going!

And remember that when you lose the last pounds and get the body you want you can look back at that picture and laugh at it!
  • Rawr1978
    Rawr1978 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Common sense maybe, but doesn't much seem it when we're down. They don't call them pity "parties" for nothing...have yours, then get off ya *kitten* :-D You got this!
  • ekahnicole
    ekahnicole Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    That happened to me about 3 weeks after I started changing my habits, my dad posted a picture on facebook that just...urgh. It's terrible. But I've lost almost 30 more pounds since!

You can do this, dont let those things get to you :)
  • MaggieSporleder
    MaggieSporleder Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    You've already done so well, don't let this derail you. Keep doing as you have been, and you will be surprised how quickly you make it. :)