125 lbs in a year!!!

Options
That is the goal I have set, I am realistic though and think it will probably take a little longer. I was in the Military, so I am no stranger to hard workouts and I am still young(27) so I have that on my side. It has always been my diet that gets me. I either eat too much or too little hopefully with this site and the app on my phone I can get it under control and get to where i need to be for a healthier me. I am planning on going back into the military so in order to do that I need to lose 125lbs, that is the goal anyway. Yes I let myself go, and I am not proud of it. Hopefully I can get back on the right track and be better than i ever was. I know it is a long, hard road ahead, but I am ready to make the change. I miss my 6 pack, so it is time to return the keg.

Replies

• dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    they say 2 pounds a week is a good weight loss...so maybe 108 would be a more realistic number....but hey, shoot for the moon and you migth catch it!
  • mbk1970
    mbk1970 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Good Luck! You can do it! It is more mental than anything, you knkow that.
  • StuAblett
    StuAblett Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    You are still young, you were recently fit, you can do it, just change your lifestyle!

I know the app on my iPhone is such a great tool for me!
  • sheyna1983
    sheyna1983 Posts: 137
    Options
    "Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're probably right"

GOOD LUCK!! You can totally do it :bigsmile:
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    You can do it and now is the time to do it while you are young. My neighbor has lost 149 lbs since last fall!!!! He worked with a nutritionist and he exercises constantly. Basically all he is doing is walking but they are long walks, like an hour and in some pretty hilly terrain. Keep us posted of all your successes!
  • leanmass24
    leanmass24 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the encouragement and support... I hear walking is really good for losing weight. I like the eliptical better than walking/runnning, but I am sure that I will be running as soon as I get down to around 200(dont wanna mess up my knees). I need to be able to run 2 miles in under 15:40 i believe. right now I am lucky to make one mile in 15:40... lol, but I will get there. I used to run the 2 miles in around 13 flat, So i know i can do it.

As far as recently fit goes, It was about 6 years ago since I have been a healthy weight, but i have exercised off and on throughout those years. I just need to burn as much fat as i can. I was suprized at how strong my abs were though. i went on one of the ab weight machines my first day back and I could max it out with no problem(i did 3 sets of 10). however my arms. legs and chest didnt fair so well. I used to be able to max out every machine in the gym except shoulder workouts. now i am down to about half weight. thanks again for reading