Tattoo as a reward?

Options
13»

Replies

• BackToFree
    BackToFree Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I've only got two for the moment. One on my calf (that will probably take up most of my calf when I get to goal!), and one on my ring finger. I've pre-booked an appointment in late October to get a tattoo as a reward for running my first 10k. I've booked for the day after.

I also have a GORGEOUS piece picked out for when I get under 100kilos. It's an upper shoulder placement, that will go up and over the front of my shoulder and outer part of my collar bone. The placement is hard to explain.

I have to be careful with placement due to my career. Any tattoo I get has to be coverable with seasonally appropriate clothing.
  • Shaneekwa
    Shaneekwa Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    That's a great reward but considering I just received 2 more 2 weeks ago making my count to 8 that won't really be a huge reward for me. But I do want one on my left rib cage once the belly fat goes away.
  • trijoe
    trijoe Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    My "weight loss goals" are less about pure weight loss and more about being healthy and living a healthy lifestyle. So, with that said, after I finished my first ironman triathlon, I got a tattoo on my right shoulder that says, "DEATH Before DNF". DNF means Did Not Finish. It's what you get when you quit or are somehow forced out of finishing a race that you started.

From a racing, exercising perspective, the quote signifies a burning need to never stop till you reach the finish line, no matter what. Never quit. Ever.

But I got it more for the Life perspective. I come from a long line of people with type 2 diabetes, heart disease, lupus, high blood pressure, stroke, heart attack, and cancer (father, grandfather, grandmother, multiple uncles) and the much more dreaded alzeimer's (mother, and her father). There is an endless assortment of life ending ailments that my family may or may not be passing down to me. And there's no telling if I'll get any, all, or none of these. Whichever the case, I'll be damned if I'm going down without a fight. I've got way too much life to live to let diseases take me out. So, from a Life perspective, DEATH Before DNF.

My wife hates tattoos and hopes that I'm done getting them. We'll see...
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I am getting a tattoo as a reward for completing Insanity a second time. My appointment is booked and deposit paid. I'm going in on May 31 for my second tattoo. It will be two dragons (stylized version of Haku from Spirited Away) entwined up my spine. While the design is coming along beautifully it will be more than just a pretty drawing on my back. It means something to me.
  • BunnyW22
    BunnyW22 Posts: 33
    Options
    There are a few I have planned. I've been meaning to get 'em sooner but ya know, finances. There is a special one that I will get once I hit my goal weight. I think it's a great and very personal reward.
  • n_unocero
    n_unocero Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    my next tat will probably be a wing on my ankle right above my shoe/sock line (like a winged shoe) for when I win overall female in a race. whether that's ever going to happen is the question....
  • jenilosinfluff
    jenilosinfluff Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! I have several already but they are all hidden. One of my motivators is to lose enough weight to be able to rock and large side tattoo, not to mention to be able to dress in a way that shows off my other pieces.
  • mfpseven
    mfpseven Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    D252SjGl.jpg working on this
  • BernardPumpkin
    Options
    awful idea