New to the site, old to the idea of dieting

Options
Good morning all.
I'm Sanj, joined this site about 2 weeks ago along with the app for my phone.
I've tried dieting before but always slipped into my bad habits, now that I have a daughter I see this as an incentive to lose it (let's see hwo long it takes me to give up).
I think thats why I am here, I need to support to get through it.
Its been a week and my scales think I have put on 0.2kg, whats going on!!!

Looking forward to hearing from you all.

Sanj (UK)

Replies

• SLambertAlaska
    SLambertAlaska Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You'll find that there is a lot of support available on this site

I have found it Very Helpful to record everything I eat, even though sometimes its hard to be honest with myself. It helps me get back on track right away instead of waiting until I've gained 5 pounds (ugh!).

Curious: is your daughter young or is she someone who can be your ally in building new habits? Having someone look at your food diary can be highly motivating!

Good Luck!
  • veronicacannon
    veronicacannon Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I've only been on here for about 3 weeks and i'm am totally new at dieting. Something i recently have discovered is that alot of places you eat out at, like fast food, have actually pretty healthy alternatives to the other junk they serve. Take a little time and go through the nutrition menus on your favorite restaurants website and find out stuff you might like. That way when you find yourself not in the mood to cook something, or don't have the time, you always have that healthy option. Good luck and i hope the best for you and your daughter!
  • sanjayuk23
    Options
    Hiya.

No my daughter is 9 months old, so I guess she can be classed as my personal trainer, never knew sitting down on the sofa and getting up quite a lot to stop her crawling off is tiring :)

I think working far from home means I am up at 5 out teh house at 6 and not back till 6 leaves me exhausted and gives me a reason to buy my food instead of making it myself.

I need a way to get in the zone.
  • sav_c
    sav_c Posts: 14
    Options
    Hi Sanj,

I have a similar issue with not having time to exercise. Try going for a walk at lunch time. I find this is useful.

Cheers, Sav.