Map My Walk

Options
Just curious if anyone else uses Mapmywalk.com to track how far you've walked. I like to use it when deciding new paths to walk around town.

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I didn't know about it. This is awesome. I was looking for something like this. Thanks!
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    I have it on my phone, I use it whenever I walk to a new endpoint. But if I am going to somewhere that I've been before I just look at the saved walk and use the info from that. So say I walk from home to the grocery store, the first time I had MMW on but subsequent times, I just use the information from the first walk. Not accurate at all but that's how I do it :laugh:
  • oX_Vanessa_Xo
    oX_Vanessa_Xo Posts: 478
    Options
    I have it on my tablet. But I only use it when I'm going for a really long walk. Haven't really figured out the app yet tho.
  • HatherM
    HatherM Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I fell out with Map My Walk as it won't always work for me as I walk under some tree cover & in the rain. This is annoying when you have a mileage goal for the month & it stops working. Which is a shame as I was hoping it would be my new fitness pal, but I'm using the Runtastic pedometer instead & that suits me fine :happy: plus it links up to MFP
  • lbrenneman
    lbrenneman Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I use Map My Fitness so I can record my walks and runs. I really like it!
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I have it on my phone, and I use it for my outdoor runs.
  • kt_kat_88
    kt_kat_88 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I didnt know there was an app for the phones. I only have used it on the computer. Does the app do gps tracking?
  • BL_Mark
    BL_Mark Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I like Walk Watch & Cycle Watch for the iPhone
  • Annerk1
    Annerk1 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I use it on my daily 5-10 mile trek. I like to mix up my routes through the neighborhood so I don't get bored. I have it on my phone, it tracks the exact route with GPS and then spits out my miles, time, pace, splits, and calories burned. I just wish it would integrate with MFP so I don't have to manually enter the exercise.
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I love it. I have it on my phone and hit start at the beginning and love to see how far I've gone (I don't usually keep track as I'm going and am usually surprised that I could go so far). I only have the free version.
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I'd never heard about it - what a pity it has so few places in the UK on it. The nearest to us is over 4 hours driving time away.
  • kt_kat_88
    Options
    Omg i am in love with the app. thanks for making me aware of it. perfect companion for my 5k on memorial day. got a question though. It says you can sync a heartrate monitor to MMW but does it have to be a specific brand? i have an iphone4.

I wish MFP synced with MMW. It would be extremely helpful to my diet and fitness. Is there a place on here where you can send suggestions about adding it?
  • kt_kat_88
    Options
    Bump for answer
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    There are different versions. I use Mapmydogwalk
  • Valera0466
    Valera0466 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I haven't used that but I use Endomondo on my Cell Phone and I love it.
  • dawn_eichert
    dawn_eichert Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I quit using MMW as it was so inaccurate on the path I walked. Once it had me walking in a cemetary over a mile away from where I actually was. Plus the GPS signal isn't strong enough to handle walking under things.

I switched to Runtastic which does map to MFP and it has been great. It may be off by maybe 1/10 of a mile but that is it.
  • smashleykeller
    smashleykeller Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I use it at lunch everyday to walk and love it and have had no problems with GPS or anything.
  • KristyHumphrey
    KristyHumphrey Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I use MapMyWalk all the time-Love it! I set a mileage goal and it helps me keep it and motivates me.
  • BeautifulBrownButterfly
    BeautifulBrownButterfly Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I never heard of it i am going to check it out..thanks
  • sunnyhlw77
    sunnyhlw77 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what my husband uses, its some app on his Windows 8, we love it, we can gauge how far we're walking and different routes anywhere. We're going to be at the lake this summer and he's already mapped our routes for then even. Nice.