Map My Walk

Options
2»

Replies

• closenre
    closenre Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I use map my run but same thing... best part is that it will track and safe your route or you can phsically create one... Love this app... I have almost 1500 miles since June 12th 2012.
  • mrsjenfrank
    mrsjenfrank Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    I will not leave my house on a run/walk without MMF. It is extremely accurate as far as the GPS goes, and i love it that I can just hit 'record' and it will record where I go! No need to be pre-planning routes or scrambling to remember where I turned off or where I walked straight. It's awesome!
  • cals83
    cals83 Posts: 131
    Options
    I used it once when I was riding my bike. I rode on the sidewalk facing traffic and it is a 4 lane road with a median...the GPS didn't seem to be able to comprehend me traveling the wrong way. Instead of showing me on the actual road I took, it showed me cutting through people's yards and stuff and ended up shorting me about 1.5 miles. It is still a useful app though when the GPS doesn't act weird.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    I use a GPS watch mostly, but I do have an App on my iPhone called MOVES that works excellent for the same things. Tracks steps, mileage, average calories, and lays out the path on a map.
  • torymichaels
    Options
    MMW is usually great, but I have noticed it's not always accurate. I tried a slightly altered route today from what I had been doing. It tried to tell me the walk was 3.63 miles. According to my FitBit and my car's odometer when I was double-checking the distance, it was 3.18 miles.

I'll have to give Runtastic as second shot.
  • xaMErica
    xaMErica Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I use MapMyRun =)

I love it! It actually makes me want to go run. Mine tracks me with the GPS. It even shows when I cross the street! =p
  • chelledawg14
    chelledawg14 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I've used MapMyRun for over a year now and I just change the activity to running, walking, power walking, hiking, etc. I LOVE the app!! I wear my HRM for cals burned, but use the MMR to get my miles. I love it! I have an Android phone and with the latest updates, the GPS is awesome!