How often do your measure?

Options
I'm coming up on my first full week on my new MFP account and was wondering how often others take their measurements. Previously I avoided the measuring tape unless I knew I was losing enough to log a big difference but this time I want to really have a good visual of my progress so I've taken to weighing in daily (knowing that I'll have a lot more fluctuation but a great looking graph to track my progress) and was wondering if anyone would advise measuring weekly or if you'd suggest another length of time between measurements. I know the changes won't be that noticeable with weekly measurements but am curious how often others do it and how it has helped/hindered them. Thanks!

Replies

• Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I weigh-in each week but only really pay attention monthly to the numbers. I measured once in March and probably won't again until June.
  • pinkledoodledoo
    pinkledoodledoo Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I can't believe I typed in "your" instead of "you" in the topic. :tongue:
  • TheRunningGuppy
    TheRunningGuppy Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    About once a month is recommended by the site I think. Last time I did it was last week, and it had only been 3 weeks since the last time before that, but I was surprised to find I had lost 7 inches overall in 3 weeks! So I guess it's up to you really, but if your clothes are feeling a lot different, then go for it.
  • thirstyflea
    thirstyflea Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I usually measure every 4 - 6 weeks so I'm not focusing too much on numbers. I like noticing how my clothes fit me differently first, then I measure :-)