Options
My TDEE is 2147 - without sounding like a complete idiot I would like to ask: what do I do with this information? I just sounded like a complete idiot, sigh.

Replies

• AmandaBiggs09
    AmandaBiggs09 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure you aim to net 80% of that which would be about 1718.
  • TraceyG1971
    TraceyG1971 Posts: 123
    Options
    That is how many calories you should consume in a day for maintenance, assuming it doesn't include your workout calories.
  • RoseTears143
    RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    you eat it om nom nom :D LOL..that number means that's about how many calories you burn through your body just performing daily functions to live (heart beat, breathing, etc) and your activity level. You can subtract to create a deficit from that of about 500 cals and eat that amount to lose weight - if that's your goal.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    If you eat that, you'll stay the same weight. Eat less than that, you'll lose weight.

Its an estimate of what calories you use each day.

Key word there is "estimate".
  • mumb3th
    mumb3th Posts: 36
    Options
    Cool, thanks all!
  • Rebeccasluckyduck
    Rebeccasluckyduck Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Mine is 2486. I just had it checked last week and they gave me the breakdown of what I need to eat to lose the weight. Where did you have yours done? Did they give you the rest of the information?

Basically that is the number your body burns on any given day - accounting for moderate movement >household chores, carpool, walking the dog, sleeping, eating, etc. What do you do with that number? I don't know what to say without the rest of the information they should have given you. My TDEE is 2486 and I eat about 1775 calories a day to lose 1 pound a week.
  • mumb3th
    mumb3th Posts: 36
    Options
    I just used an online TDEE Calculator.