looking for friends to stay motivated with!

Options
my name is kayla, im 22, i have been overweight for as long as i can remember! my current weight is 270 and my goal weight is 140/145ish. i have tried a gazillion different diets and i have failed at every single last one of them, hating myself more and more each time. this time however feels different! i have a diet/exercise plan mapped out and ready for motion! im ready to stay committed on this journey and i hope i can meet some people on here that i can stay motivated with, i dont have a weight loss partner at home which is why i signed up for mfp! im looking for people that will give me a little help through this as well as people that i can be there for too! with that said feel free to add me as a friend and feel free to message me anytime! im super easy to talk to!

Replies

• clobern
    clobern Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Invite sent! I have been overweight most of my life as well and have gone through this before but it didn't stick, looking to make it happen this time. You just gotta stick to it, have the proper support and know it will be for the best!

Anyone feel free to add me as I love yelling at people in positive ways!
  • rhogr000
    rhogr000 Posts: 126
    Options
    Welcome! I began in nearly the same boat as you: I weighed 285 at the start of my new life. I'm currently 28 and weigh around 250, so it can be done! My goal is 200 (but, I'm a guy, so 140-150 would make me look scrawny :-) ). Anyway, feel free to send me an invite!
  • sunseeker100
    sunseeker100 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hi , I'm new too! I've been on ww for a while now and although I lost 2 stone a few years ago I'm just hovering around 145-155lbs for over a year. I'm currently 155 after a holiday and lots of nice food! but my ultimate goal is around 126. I'm 5' 2" and 42. I have a gym membership but haven't been since my holiday and really need to get my bum into gear. hope we can all help each other!!! send me a message and I'll add anyone :flowerforyou:
  • closenre
    closenre Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    welcome and good luck.. its easy if you have the willpower to do what you need to do!! Just stick with it!
  • jhb27
    jhb27 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello all I am Jason and am also looking for people to help keep me motivated. I just started really 3 months ago and am currently down 4 pounds. 216.0 right now goal is 185
  • emilymclark
    Options
    I'm looking for a buddy to lose with as well!
    I'm 28, 200 lbs and looking to get back down to 150ish. This is almost the most I've ever weighed and it is majorly bumming me out. I just bought a new bike this week and can't wait to make getting out there and exercising a regular thing!
  • kaylashari
    kaylashari Posts: 5
    Options
    thanks everyone for all the support! im here anytime help you guys out as well!!
  • mandi_444
    mandi_444 Posts: 156
    Options
    added :) good luck to you!
  • Samenamenewlook
    Samenamenewlook Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Adding you! And anyone else feel free to add me too! Welcome!
  • dcerna62
    dcerna62 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Added. 24yo started at 230 GW 135 Stuck for a while. Started dieting in March 2011 after a miscarriage.
  • TheStephil
    TheStephil Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Sending an invite.

I think my friends on here are the main thing that has kept me going. Knowing that my friends are supporting me and care about my sucess is the best feeling. I don't want to disappoint my friends or miss talking to them every day.
  • soulkal
    soulkal Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi I am 36 and have been struggling with my weight since forever! I yo-yo'd a lot in the past years..however i have totally lost control and I am now at my biggest at 250 pounds. Getting older definitely doesn't help. You have an advantage of being in your early 20's so use it! :) I would love to have a few weight loss partners as well to keep me motivated and definitely help motivate as well in this journey. I will send you my invite as soon If I can figure out how as I`m new to mfp. and we can do this together.! :)
  • tigermom82
    tigermom82 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Added! Good luck!