Heard at the gym...

Options
I was at the gym today and there were a couple of happening that stuck with me.
1. An older gentleman waiting for the overhead press says "This is too much like work isn't it." I politely said, "uh yea." and moved on. A few minutes later he is near me again and says "How long have you been coming here?" Was he hitting on me? I seriously doubt it but it did make me giggle later when I was out of sight. My husband got a laugh out of it when I got home too. Maybe he likes bigger women.
2. A larger lady with a baby was in the baby pool with her son. She had on a tankini and her belly was hanging out a bit. She was large but I applaud her for getting out in the fresh air with her little one. I know I hate putting on my suit to take Meredith swimming. A group of kids that were there for camp were on their way out while I was heading to the car with my daughter to get a swim diaper. One said "Aw look at the cute baby, wonder if he's heavy like his mother." It was said in such a rude way. Her friend spoke up and said that was not nice. She immediately said "I take it back." Her friend and another child told her it was rude and there are some things you cannot take back. I was so pleased to hear kids telling a peer that something was rude.
3. I finished my workout at the gym for the fourth time. It felt good and it is getting easier.

Replies

• Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    2. A larger lady with a baby was in the baby pool with her son. She had on a tankini and her belly was hanging out a bit. She was large but I applaud her for getting out in the fresh air with her little one. I know I hate putting on my suit to take Meredith swimming. A group of kids that were there for camp were on their way out while I was heading to the car with my daughter to get a swim diaper. One said "Aw look at the cute baby, wonder if he's heavy like his mother." It was said in such a rude way. Her friend spoke up and said that was not nice. She immediately said "I take it back." Her friend and another child told her it was rude and there are some things you cannot take back. I was so pleased to hear kids telling a peer that something was rude.

That put a smile on my face!
    Someone raised their own child right!
  • sheyna1983
    sheyna1983 Posts: 137
    Options
    I was at the gym today and there were a couple of happening that stuck with me.
    1. An older gentleman waiting for the overhead press says "This is too much like work isn't it." I politely said, "uh yea." and moved on. A few minutes later he is near me again and says "How long have you been coming here?" Was he hitting on me? I seriously doubt it but it did make me giggle later when I was out of sight. My husband got a laugh out of it when I got home too. Maybe he likes bigger women.

He was TOTALLY hitting on you!