Two Months, 10 lbs!

Options
overshadows
overshadows Posts: 58 Member
I'm only two months into a 'structured' weight loss program (read, calorie deficit, exercising a little), and I have dropped 10 lbs! Not only that, but my legs are muscular and my arms are becoming more shapely.

My stats:

Female
Height: 5' 3"

SW: 133 lbs -> CW: 123 lbs
Waist: 29" -> 26"
Hips: 37.5" -> 36.75"
Fattest part of Stomach: 33.25" -> 31"

With the changes in my measurements (between significant progress on the waist, and only a slight indent in my hips) I have become .... shapely. My coworkers have begun to notice, and, love it or hate it, so have strangers. I just wanted to share my success so far to encourage folks with similar goals or measurements. My biggest accomplishment is to be able to get through a fitness routine without stopping or feeling like I am going to puke. I'm even ready to increase the weights I've been using.

It's been an interesting two months; I've experienced 'plateaus' and 'whooshes' in weight loss (love me some whooshes). I've found some allies, and some people who are offended at the very idea of my wanting to drop weight. "Oh, you are perfect, you don't need to lose weight!" some say. Well folks, there are reasons that I don't wear shorts or swimsuits in public. Everyone is aware of their own flaws and has their own confidence and comfort zones. ...and when I can grab handfuls of fat off of my stomach and thighs.. and have fatter arms than my mother; I am not in mine. No, I was not obese when I started; but that doesn't mean I can't set and pursue fitness goals. Sorry to rant, but thank you for listening.

Once things tighten up (and maybe tan up), I'll share some photos. <3

Replies

• wapan
    wapan Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    WELL DONE! And I'm with you, weight loss is a personal choice and everyone has their own comfort zone when it comes to weight. When I'm moving from the fitted clothes in my closet to the stretchier ones, then its a problem for me. I've learned in the past two weeks that I really need to stay accountable. Also, eating less is just as filling as eating whatever I wanted. Because I NEVER felt full and now that i know what I'm eating, my brain can tell my stomach that I've had enough. (Stomachs aren't very bright.)
  • Catlady87
    Catlady87 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Well done that's a fantastic loss! You should be very proud of yourself. What's your goal weight, out of curiosity, as you have similar stats to me (I'm 25 and 5'2").

And I relate to those people who say "Oh but you don't need to lose any weight" or "Be careful you don't lose too much".
    It's really annoying! Especially as most of those people don't really know me massively well.
  • overshadows
    Options
    Not sure about my goal weight. I'm throwing 115 out there - but really my goal is to have a respectable stomach and thighs. I wouldn't mind staying at 123lbs if I become a ball of liquid muscle! Just pinching and eyeballing the fat areas I have left, I 'd like to lose 8 lbs of fat.
  • Catlady87
    Catlady87 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I understand what you mean. When I started out I had a concrete goal weight of 119lbs, but now that I'm so close I'm reassessing and am beginning to look at sculpting my body into the figure I want. If that figure means I weigh 125 I'm fine with that, as I will look awesome.
    I'm just glad I got the weight off in the first place :-D
  • laurie858
    laurie858 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    'Everyone is aware of their own flaws and has their own confidence and comfort zones. ...and when I can grab handfuls of fat off of my stomach and thighs.. and have fatter arms than my mother; I am not in mine. No, I was not obese when I started; but that doesn't mean I can't set and pursue fitness goals.'

Totally agree with you and the others posting.

I want to lose 10-15 lbs from my starting weight, but when it gets close to the end, I'll be more interested in toning and lowering my body fat %, and not so much into the number on the scale. Having that number in the beginning though, that weight goal, helps me GET to the fine-tuning part.
  • laurie858
    laurie858 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Oh, i also want to say that I'm TOTALLY guilty for saying 'you don't need to lose weight, you look amazing, you're like a model.' and my friend had to tell me that everyone has their own personal goals and motivating factors. I was TOTALLY put in my place (in a nice, friendly, co-weight-loss-pal kind of way). I think people forget that it's a personal journey with a very personalized end goal in mind.
  • overshadows
    Options
    I'm probably guilty too! I mean it in a nice way; but the effect is the same. I want my friends to know I see them as beautiful, but I also want to let them know that I will support them in their (healthy) fitness goals. :)
  • jdavis193
    jdavis193 Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    I'm probably guilty too! I mean it in a nice way; but the effect is the same. I want my friends to know I see them as beautiful, but I also want to let them know that I will support them in their (healthy) fitness goals. :)

Just FYI since you are only eating 1200 I would eventually bump that up. just frome experience. Losing weight is quickly is nice but it can always come but very quickly. I to was at 1200 a day and starving and after two years I gained back all I lost plus some.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!