Shame and obsession - help!

Options
So, I ate 1262 kcal today, though I'm only supposed to have 1220. And now I feel really REALLY bad. i know logically that it hardly matters, and just as long as I make sure this is an exception i should be fine. But I haven't tread over the limit for two whole weeks! And I feel like a complete failure by now, I feel ashamed and guilty. Earlier, I have had the terrible habit of purposely throwing up whenever I felt I ate too much, but I have decided to put all that behind me. I want to loose weight in a healthy way! How can I learn to accept one failure without feeling like one?

Replies

• GreenChile3
    GreenChile3 Posts: 65
    Options
    dude, you went over by 42, seriously this must be a joke.
  • mdelcott
    mdelcott Posts: 529 Member
    Options

^^^^^^^^This exactly!!!!
  • atownsend360
    Options
    Just walk walk walk or get a stair stepper at walmart and work out at least two times a day for fifteen minutes if you decide not to do a major workout.
  • closenre
    closenre Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    If this is for real just walk around the block... there... you are back under 1220... I get upset but only if i go over like 500 cals or so... no 50..
  • kawickham85
    kawickham85 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    run around your livingroom like a complete fool for 7 minutes. do jumping jacks, mountain climbers, squats, kicks, throw some punches. those extra calories will be gone and all will be right in the world.
  • howardheilweil
    howardheilweil Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    So, I ate 1262 kcal today, though I'm only supposed to have 1220. And now I feel really REALLY bad. i know logically that it hardly matters, and just as long as I make sure this is an exception i should be fine. But I haven't tread over the limit for two whole weeks! And I feel like a complete failure by now, I feel ashamed and guilty. Earlier, I have had the terrible habit of purposely throwing up whenever I felt I ate too much, but I have decided to put all that behind me. I want to loose weight in a healthy way! How can I learn to accept one failure without feeling like one?
    42 calories is irrelevant, but feel free to take a (very short) walk.
  • KristiLeighS
    KristiLeighS Posts: 112
    Options
    to be honest, if you haven't sought any professional help I think you should. This is classic eating disorder behavior.
    Good luck on your journey.
  • BeinAwesome247
    BeinAwesome247 Posts: 257 Member
    Options

basically
  • skinnyforhi
    skinnyforhi Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Not to make you feel worse but you probably aren't hitting 1220 every day anyway. I'm sure there are small variations in the calorie content of a piece of fruit and some foods are labeled zero (like fake butter spray) because if you spray for less than 1 second it's 0 calories but who does that? Also, nutrition labels at restaurant assume someone made your meal the EXACT same way as when the calories were calculated. It's close, but probably not exact.

I think you need to move on from this. 40 calories on one day didn't cause you to gain weight. There are 3500 calories in a pound.
  • litenspik
    litenspik Posts: 2
    Options
    I have, thank you.
    And thanks everyone, I'll try not to make mountains out of molehills
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    to be honest, if you haven't sought any professional help I think you should. This is classic eating disorder behavior.
    Good luck on your journey.
    Agreed. While you admitted to bulimic eating patterns from before, it doesn't appear that you have yet to completely break this pattern and form a good food relationship. See a professional who can help you, and read up on food, and eating and calories. It's food, it's what you need to fuel your body. It's not shameful.
  • Cartersnew61
    Options
    Hello my name is April and I read your story. Please don't let it bother you like that. Take it one day at a time. To make up for going over your calories just exercise for an extra 10 or 15 minutes to burn it off. I have just started on this journey myself . I have been having a tongue wrestling match with food for 40yrs. I now want to change all of that and just be healthy. So about a month and a half ago I joined a local Gym and I am there at 5:00 am five days a week. I don't try to keep up with anyone else and what they are doing I am just there to do me. I usually do cardio...tread-mill ,cycling ,skier you get the picture. After that I do weights especially for the arms. Some times you have to ENCOURAGE yourself. It is all about you and you are worthy to have what you want. Every week add a few more minutes to your exercise routine. Exercise is a must. I tried 1000 ways to talk myself out of that one...lol. I hope to speak to you soon and be blessed. Keep PRESSING FORWARD,ONE DAY AT A TIME.