Weight came to a stand still

Options
I am working out approx. 4-6 times a week (cycling, spinning, running etc) and keep my calories around what I should do. I lost around 6 pounds but for the last 2 weeks nothing happend anymore. Do some of you guys had/have that? is there a way out of that? any suggestions? I am going on summer holiday in august and really wanted another 10 pounds gone by then... govinda x

Replies

• howardheilweil
    howardheilweil Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    You'll need to open your diary or provide lots more information...
  • govinda70
    govinda70 Posts: 26
    Options
    ok. done :)
  • socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    First of all, congratulations for getting rid of the 6 pounds. Good Job.

These slowdown will happen, there is no way to avoid them. They are frustrating for everybody. We have to be disciplined, persistence and remind ourselves that we are on this lifestyle change for the duration.

I found that getting rid of the first 10 pounds took me 6 months. The last 2 pounds prior to my objective took me another 6 months. Such is life. I count my progress outside the weight scale.

Good luck in your journey
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    First, weight loss is not linear. A week or two without a loss is within the normal fluctuations of the body even if you're doing everything right.

That said, with your diary closed we're going to need more information to help you. Like how much you eat. Do you know your TDEE (http://www.fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html) and BMR (http://www.fitnessfrog.com/calculators/bmr-calculator.html)? Are you weighing and measuring your food? Do you use a heart rate monitor to calculate your calories burned?
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Okay, if your diary is up to date then you are undereating, plain and simple. Eat at least to your goal every day. Give your body a few weeks to adjust and then reasses.
  • govinda70
    Options
    my diary is public now. so please have a look and let me know what you think :)
  • Tiffyholli
    Tiffyholli Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Change up your workout, start lifting weights & start swimming for cardio. Good luck!
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Okay, if your diary is up to date then you are undereating, plain and simple. Eat at least to your goal every day. Give your body a few weeks to adjust and then reasses.

Pretty much
  • KristyTonn
    KristyTonn Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Eat more. It seems like it would add weight, or stall out weight loss more, but you are hundreds under your goal many days.
  • T1mH
    T1mH Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Your not eating enough. Eat more real food. Fresh fruits and veggies, lean meats. Don't drink your calories.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Eat more!!!
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    You seem to be adding a good amount of exercise, but you are netting a low amount of calories in your diary overall?

ETA example Monday you netted 560 calories after exercise?
  • Dicktracy64
    Options
    I think everyone pretty much has it covered. You will be surprised at what eating more calories (good calories) will do for your weight loss....trust me, I had the same issue..i needed to eat more and when I did, the weight started coming off again. But I see only one person mentioned changing up your workout..which surprises me for this forum. You MUST change what you are doing exercise wise...it will work for a while but your body will adjust. You have to "shock" your body...if you havent tried resistance training, do some of that for a while...circuit type training with high reps and low weight....cut your cardio time down and get the rest through circuit training...that will also get it rolling again.

Good luck and dont get discouraged!!
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Try eating half of your exercise calories back and see if that helps. Like the others said you aren't eating enough
  • govinda70
    Options
    I used to eat all my calories (also the ones from excersice). thats when i was 6 pounds more. I also got a underactive thyroid.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    I think they have this covered already .....
    Congrats on your 6lbs though :)
    :)
  • Anna800
    Anna800 Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    You're not eating is the problem. I don't know what you ate for lunch today since it's in German, but I see you had slim fast for breakfast and dinner, then snacked on chocolate pudding which was more calories than your meals! Yesterday you only had a banana for lunch. You're starving yourself and your body has responded by slowing down your metabolism.
  • govinda70
    Options
    in the evening i have a protein shake. not slimfast. its after workout. yesterday i forgot to write down my lunch :(
  • howardheilweil
    howardheilweil Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    ^^ Agreed, assuming you are accurately logging all your foods^^
  • govinda70
    Options
    and as I said, if I eat all my calories, even if it is with fruit etc., i put on weight. a lot!