POST BABY BELLIES!

SO... i have always had a bit of a belly... I am overweight now and was when i fell pregnant last year... i am currently about 20stone and have a quick question...

CAN you get rid of a saggy, fat, unsightly belly? i Love my belly because it was where my baby grew for 41weeks and 1day lol but i also don't want to live with it like this forever... PLEASE tell me there is hope... it doesn't help that i was fat before, i know. and i know it will never be a washboard stomach.. but is there ANY chance that with hard work i can get it a bit better...

i must note i had a C-section in the end... but I have most of my feeling back (baby is now 4 and a half months old)

Any stories/advice/before & afters would be appreciated! thanks guys! x

Replies

• pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Yep. I had mine for 19 years. Now it's all gone.
  • pandorakick
    pandorakick Posts: 901 Member
    I'm a mom of 2, one of which was born by c-section. In my profile you can see pic's of me about 9 months post partum and from a couple of weeks ago. So yes, it can be done.

My advise to you: take it easy, your baby is only 4,5 months old. It takes 9 months to grow a baby and it will probably take another 9 months to get back to a regular non-pregnant state. In my case the combination of eating at a deficient and strength training got me where I am now. I'm not where I want to be yet, but I'm slowly getting there!

Edited to add that my "before" picture was from August 2012, the "after" was taken april 2013.
  • FitMrsR
    FitMrsR Posts: 226 Member
    Yes you will :) I gained 65lbs with my daughter and my belly was unsightly and saggy after I had her. It took 2 years of hard work (and finding the right program. I recommend heavy lifting mixed with cardio. i did a few rounds of p90x) and dedication but I developed lovely abs and a flat stomach and looked better than I did before (ignoring the stretch marks, of course) now I'm pregnant with baby #2 and looking forward to getting to that point again. Don't stress and just keep plugging away. It might take a while but it will happen for you too :flowerforyou:
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    bump, it can be done!
  • kcrxgirl
    kcrxgirl Posts: 114 Member
    I'm so glad I saw this post! I was also starting to think it's impossible. I'm currently 30 lbs less than my pre-pregnancy weight but my belly looks worse than it did when I was at that weight. My goal is to lose another 20 lbs by her 2nd birthday in Sept. Hopefully by then I will be rid of the saggy belly!
  • dyermatt5
    dyermatt5 Posts: 21 Member
    Denise Austin dvds are awesome too! I love the boot camp total body blast and burn fat fast cardio blast! They have shaped me up while I lost. I lost 10 pounds in January on my own and another 11 pounds adding myfitness pal! With the help of aerobics,weight training and walking!
  • His_Buttercup2015
    His_Buttercup2015 Posts: 114 Member
    I sure hope so! Its been 4 years since my last baby. I am hoping that with some cardio to burn the fat and strength training to build the muscle I can get my tummy whipped into shape. It will be interesting since I've never been that big on upper or core strength training but my thought is once I start actually building muscle it won't suck as bad lol. I can hardly do 50 sit-ups now but I'm doin' 'em!
  • Salt_Sand_Sun
    Salt_Sand_Sun Posts: 415 Member
    I have a flat belly and even a good 4pack, but..... when I bend over or do planks I still have a bit of a "deflated balloon" look going. But otherwise....Its gone. It can be done. Don't give up!! :)
  • jensibobs
    jensibobs Posts: 4 Member
    found this thread interesting

I put 56lbs on with my pregnancy (i also had an emergency c section) - i have always been overweight and prior to getting pregnant i'd lost 5 stone.

I have now lost 28lbs of my baby weight and have another 28lbs to get back to my post baby weight. Its taken a year so far and my ambitious goal to loose the rest is August!

I doubt i'll do it but i love threads like this and success stories, they keep be motivated and hopefully in time i will be a success story too

LOL but watch it i will get to my goal then i will fall pregnant again! (i would like another baby but for now i'm concertrating on me & my little girl :) )

Well done everyone and thanks for the advice people have posted and that - it can be done
  • kcurtis05
    kcurtis05 Posts: 530 Member
    Jensibobs - It is like I wrote you post myself! I am in the same position! Good luck to you. I am right there with you!
  • luls2011
    luls2011 Posts: 11 Member
    Yes it can be done! I put on close to 60lbs with my first pregnancy and I had a c section. 2 yrs post baby I looked better than I ever had with defined abs. I did strength training and HIIT whilst eating healthily and that pretty much did it. I only really started exercising a year after I had my first.

Now I've just had my second baby so 6 wks post partum and have just started exercising but taking it slowly and steadily.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!