Success story or not?

Options
I'm going to take this as a compliment and a success story, but curious as to what you all think.

I get up this morning and my husband says to me, "it's nice to snuggle comfortably. We are fitting together again"......what???? He then says it's a compliment because I'm toning up and losing weight and it's easier to cuddle and fit right. OK, so I'm not the only one. He is up about 4 pant sizes. He is trying to lose weight as well and has been put on thyroid medicine. I also have him on 2,000 calories a day. He is losing as well, but it's not just me that was causing us not to "fit right" I guess I'm thankful that he is being supportive and wants to cuddle.

What are your thoughts?

Replies

• beautyqueen1979
    beautyqueen1979 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    That is just lovely :)
    My BF and I are also doing this together - and he has noticed my butt is definately toning up! after only 2 weeks of 30 day shred and exercise :D
    I think that is a compliment, and very very sweet - here's to even more cuddles for you guys :drinker:
  • Montrose11
    Montrose11 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi,

It sounds like a back-handed compliment. Maybe he was waiting for you to mention that he's lost, too? Just be glad he's noticing! Some husbands never do (though mine does) and give any kind of compliments or encouragement.

Keep up the good work and imagine how well you'll BOTH fit together once you're fit together. :)

Montrose
  • FemininGuns
    FemininGuns Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Sometimes men don't know how to give a compliment. He probably felt like he put himself right out there. Plus us women are sometimes sensitive about our weight so people aren't so sure to comment on it, even in a good light! I think it's great that he wants to cuddle and that you share such special moments :) CUDDLE ON!
  • cparter
    cparter Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Ok, from a man's prospective. That was a double edged sword. Why could it not be his weight lose that allowed you to to "fit" comfortably? That is saying you do not look so bad for a woman with acne, etc..

Well, put that one down for the one who stated it. If you love him let it go and allow it to be water under the bridge. The greatest compliment is when people who have not saw you in a while says Wow girl you look great or when someone you would not suspect would hit on you does and makes him jealous. :^)

Good job on all the healthy changes.
  • sheyna1983
    sheyna1983 Posts: 137
    Options
    It's a compliment.....just a weird one. Don't worry, you're not alone. I get twenty or so "weird compliments" from my husband daily. Guys are weird. :huh:
  • Sumatra
    Sumatra Posts: 181
    Options
    I think it's a compliment. I would bet he knows that it's both of you who are different sizes and that it's both of you who have caused you to not "fit". Sometimes what we mean to say as something nice comes out a little wrong and we don't even realize it. Sometimes this is especially true between men and women. Sometimes we just think about things in different ways. I know if my husband said that to me, I know it would not be because he was saying I was the one who was different and caused us to not fit right when cuddling, he knows he's different, but in his guy language, he was probably saying, that you're awesome, you're doing something about it, you're getting toned up and it shows and he loves it!
  • bellinachuchina
    bellinachuchina Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Sometimes men don't know how to give a compliment. He probably felt like he put himself right out there. Plus us women are sometimes sensitive about our weight so people aren't so sure to comment on it, even in a good light! I think it's great that he wants to cuddle and that you share such special moments :) CUDDLE ON!

Totally agree with everything stated above!
  • hkystar
    hkystar Posts: 1,290 Member
    Options
    Its a compliment. Just not as obvious of one, since he is prolly thinking about both of you. I know I am guilty of saying something very simliar to my bf. We used to lay on the couch together and watch tv. I would like basicly cling for dear life to fit on the couch with him. Last week I told him that its nice that we can both lay together comfortably and I dont feel like I am falling off. It was meant as a compliment to both of us (since he has lost all his happy-eating well dating weight and I have lost 10%).
  • creativefrugalmom
    creativefrugalmom Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody! I appreciate the feedback. He is a wonderful man and loves me with all his heart. He loves me no matter what, but I think how it put it just caught me of guard. And, maybe I should compliment him as well.
  • bennettv
    bennettv Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    My husband says the same thing and I love it. We're doing this together and have each lost a bit over 30 pounds. He loves wrapping his arms around me, which he couldn't do so much before. It's absolutely because both of us are smaller -- his arms certainly didn't get longer! :) Just wait intimacy becomes a whole new sport the thinner you get! ENJOY!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!