Help Please with calories burned for exercise

Options
I do Denise Austins "Shape your Female Fat Zones" video (about 45 min) and I can not find what to call it in strength training! It is not cardio, but uses weights, squats, abs, etc. I want to add it to my diary but no luck because I don't know what to call it!!

Replies

• vorgas
    vorgas Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Strength exercises are for actual weight lifting. It's used to keep track of where you are, or maybe let others know what you did. It doesn't actually have a calorie burn associated with it.

What you actually did was much more along the lines of circuit training. You can find that in the cardio section. Counter-intuitive I know.
  • DedeeMarie
    DedeeMarie Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Or if you where a heart rate monitor you can create it under Cardiovascular and just name the workout dvd and add your personalized calories burned. Do you have a HRM?
  • meggiemoo217
    meggiemoo217 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I posted a similar question last week about a different DVD I was doin. Some1 very kindly told me about an app u can get called count calories burned. It's really good and has DVD routines already stored in its memory so u jus have to add ur weight and height n it tells u how much u wud of burned. Hope this helps
  • Maureenreeder
    Maureenreeder Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I like that I can eat a little more when I burn a little more. Thank you for all the great ideas and feedback. I don't have a heart rate monitor but I may try one.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I log that sort of thing as 'strength training' under cardio.
    If it is weights but involves fast circuits and some aerobic movement, I log it as 'circuit training', also under cardio.