getting there.... [w/ pics]

Options
ashesfromfire
ashesfromfire Posts: 867 Member
so, I've been struggling for a few months now and getting extremely frustrated with my progress - however, the other day I was going through my photos and found these....and maybe I'm not so much of a failure after all.

near the beginning of my journey:
image15.jpg

now:
image.jpg

I still have so much more to lose.....but I have made progress

Replies

• littlebuddy84
    littlebuddy84 Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    You have made a lot of progress. Well done :smile:
  • heckofarush
    Options
    great job! Looking good.
  • MLE_23
    MLE_23 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Great Job! I see the difference big time. Keep up the good work.
  • skjsd
    skjsd Posts: 64
    Options
    That is great progress! I can see a big difference!
  • AleciaG724
    AleciaG724 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Keep it up!!
  • jwdesiree
    jwdesiree Posts: 31
    Options
    Look at that TINY waist! You've definitely made progress!!! I have struggled with what I thought were plateaus in weight loss before (based solely on the scale), so this time I made the choice to take pictures each week and it totally helps. I'm glad you found your "before" picture :)

Keep up the good work, my dear!
  • WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Great job so far! Keep at it!!
  • ariatym
    ariatym Posts: 3
    Options
    You're doin really great job!!!!!
  • Tiff050709
    Tiff050709 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    42lbs lost is a great achievement! You are doing a great job! I know, personally, sometimes it's hard to be excited about the progress when you feel like you still have so far to go. I have to remind myself to not look at where I want to go but where I have gone already. Keep up the good work!
  • Bownzi
    Bownzi Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Good Work... you are doing fantastic...
  • kliermann
    kliermann Posts: 514
    Options
    wow great progress
  • CaptainHNNNGGG
    CaptainHNNNGGG Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Nice job opie. Miron your progress.
  • bearkisses
    bearkisses Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    progress pictures are really really helpful. I looked at mine the other day and saw the loss of inches around my back and hips, and the definition in my abs. Keep at it. We may not be there yet but we will with some extra hard work!
  • maryannelk
    maryannelk Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Hell yeah, you've made progress!
  • jeremyw1977
    jeremyw1977 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    You are definitely making some great progress, and the pictures are a testament to the great work you are doing.
  • brassballa
    brassballa Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Great job!!
  • kahyee
    kahyee Posts: 63
    Options
    Hell yeah you're getting there. That after pic is too cute. I can see the confidence just in your posture. Keep up the great work.
  • doitforabby
    doitforabby Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    You are right! you are NOT a failure! You are a work in progress & doing a very good job at it!
  • maecrocker
    maecrocker Posts: 56
    Options
    Over the last year and a half I have lost a lot of weight. However, until a few months ago, whenever I looked in the mirror, I saw the old me and not the thinner me. It amazes how long it took my mind to actually process that I was thinner. Having the pics is great. Keep it up. You look absolutely fantastic!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I did the same things last week. I felt like I had made little progress and was feeling a bit down. I took a current pic and compared it to a picture from when I started and even I could see a difference. Just like you have made great strides and I can see the difference.

Props!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!