Feeling demotivated after weight gain :(

Options
Hi all, weigh day today and I've gained 2lb!! I've been religiously following 30ds and also cardio at the gym and watching my calorie intake too! I'm fine with maintaining for a week as I know weight loss can slow but I didn't expect to gain 2lb!! I'd only lost 4lb in total so now feel pretty much back at square 1 :(

Just looking for words of wisdom and some support if there's any out there? :(

Replies

• lifechanges77
    lifechanges77 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi there. In my experience so far using MFP, these things are not unusual. I have had periods of lots of weight loss followed by some plateaus and even some weight gain. In my case, it has been from water weight, which will eventually work its way out of your system. More than once I've 'gained' two or three pounds and then several days later have it go away and then continue losing weight as planned. If you're sticking to your goals and keeping things on track (and not eating too few calories), you should see things change in your favor. Good luck to you!

37183633.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Trust me - you did not put in that effort and not have any benefits.

You either
    1 - pmsing
    2 - high sodium intake
    3 - normal weight flux.

Your fine, weight again in a few days.

If you work your muscles - your muscles hold water to repair = higher weight.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    read your profile picture again!

as someone else has said, its probably a normal fluctuation caused by your period, excess sodium, or your muscles retaining water for repair.
  • David1406
    David1406 Posts: 63
    Options
    Don't despair. Remember one simple and indisputable fact...if you continue using more energy than you take in, you HAVE to lose weight in the long term. There'll be ups and down for sure but you'll get there in the end.
  • dar9757
    dar9757 Posts: 28
    Options
    My first month I worked out every day and I gained 5 lbs. I know it was water weight and my muscles retaining water. I was very discouraged at first, until I found out the reason. Keep up the good work and you will start to lose. I lost 2 lbs the week after and 2 every week ever since.
  • MrsATrotta
    MrsATrotta Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I gained 1 pound a few weeks back and I have been in a slump and feeling bad but today... I did my weigh in and was down 4 lbs, you just gotta keep on trucking, DON'T LET THE WEIGHT GAIN BECOME THE "NORM" AGAIN. I kinda re motivated myself by saying ok, if I continue working and watching what I eat there's NO WAY I can't lose that lb again, and even more! JUST KEEP SWIMMING:))
  • gibsonrv
    gibsonrv Posts: 28
    Options
    Thanks for the fantastic supportive messages everyone, I've embraced the extra 2lb, wherever it is coming from, completed day 16 of the 30 day shred, worked extra hard at the gym and stayed on track calorie wise today! I will get there in the end! :)