help?

Options
So ive been trying so hard to work out and count my calories and all that.. and on days that I make an effort I notice I feel better but I havent had a lot of weight loss yet..
my bf however decided to go the route of shakes and supplements and while he was chatting with the guys at the store they told him it was stupid for me to count calories that that doesnt work and my best bet was to change my eating completely (like no fruit after lunch, only carbs in the morning..ect.)
I cant help but think hes kind of wrong.. counting calories does work for some people.. what do you guys think? should I listen to what they suggest or keep doing what I'm doing?

oh and he wanted me to try the supplements and all that stuff but I am a breastfeeding momma so I dont wanna put anything like that into my body.

Replies

• gibsonrv
    gibsonrv Posts: 28
    Options
    Watch what you eat in a way that becomes a lifestyle change not a diet. I've done All the fad diets before, been so happy with the results, started eating normally again and piled it back on and more! The same will happen on shakes and supplements if you ask me, unless you plan to keep it up forever. I'm happy now with eating healthily and working out when I can, I know it's going to be a long process but when I get there I know I'm staying there this time

Good luck :)
  • ellaloveslove
    ellaloveslove Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I definitely think you have a good head on your shoulders, and I agree with you! I wouldn't want to be taking any supplements, unless my doctor told me to while breastfeeding either. To lose weight, create a calorie deficit, there are no magical foods or magical rules like when you can or can't eat or what you can or can't eat: it's all about moderation. If you know your TDEE-20% I would say keep with that for 6 weeks and then reevaluate. (Actually since you are breastfeeding then I'm sure it's different than TDEE-20% and I don't now what it is...I'm sure there is something on her about it though!)

Congrats on the baby and good luck!
  • kahyee
    kahyee Posts: 63
    Options
    First and foremost, remember this guy is a SALESperson at a store. He's trying to make as much as he can. I think you are doing the right thing by refusing to put anything into your, and ultimately your baby's, body. Losing weight by counting calories does work for a whole slew of people. I would even caution your bf not to take the shakes and supplements route. It's expensive and in the long run unless he changes his habits for good, it's not going to work. JM2C.
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    This is a comment board for a calorie-counting and food intake tracking method. Don't think there will be a lot of support for "don't pay attention to how much you're eating".

As a side note, no fruit after lunch and only carbs for breakfast isn't even broscience. Worse than worthless information.
  • crystalnichle
    crystalnichle Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!
    I think I'm just gonna do my own thing and ignore them! I mean no carbs or sugars or anything after lunch is crazy. I tried it last night all I could find was a chicken breast for dinner.. talk about boring!! They also suggested no fruit after 1oclock.. sorry not gonna ever happen in a million years. I love my fruit and I'll continue to eat it all day long!
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options
    They're just spewing bioscience. You keep doing what you're doing!