I've plateaued, and it's all MY OWN FAULT!

Options
It's as simple as that. I"ve been pretty consistent with my exercise (at least the strength training part--a little lax with the cardio). I feel stronger and pretty good in general. But I have simply been putting too much stuff in my mouth. Too much sugar, sodium, and fat, not enough protein. Too little "clean" stuff, too much "other" stuff. It's not anybody else's fault. Nobody threatened my life if I didn't eat that donut yesterday, but I did it anyway. I like my Pepsi too, dammit. Some days I make it all fit in my calories, but most of the time I'm overbudget.

I was doing good for a long time, too. I could possibly blame the fact that our BBQ grill is broken and I can't grill chicken, but that's a pretty pathetic excuse. Or that my kids eat all the fruit before I get a chance to have any. Or that I've been traveling/under stress/TOM/whatever, but it's all just excuses. I control what goes in my mouth or not, and I've been BAD!!

PLEASE yell at me. Let the flogging begin. Don't hold back. Tell me to suck it up and put down the junk food!

Aaaaaannnndddd.....GO!

Replies

• looopyloops
    looopyloops Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    um this is not the place to yell at you, we all have bad days, and you can make the decision right now to make better food choices, we all have bad days, weeks , months , years, but we always do have the option to make better choices at any time. It sounds like you know what are are doing wrong, now is the time to research what you can do to correct it, good luck
  • mwiechel
    mwiechel Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    um this is not the place to yell at you, we all have bad days, and you can make the decision right now to make better food choices, we all have bad days, weeks , months , years, but we always do have the option to make better choices at any time. It sounds like you know what are are doing wrong, now is the time to research what you can do to correct it, good luck

This! Don't let the bad days get you down. Learn from your mistakes and move on. Try setting some concrete goals that you can stick to (only one pepsi a day, or only 3 a week, You can have sweets 2x a week) Creating obtainable goals can really help. If you say "I am never having Pepsi or doughnuts again" you are going to feel even worse when you do, because lets be honest, you will, and that's okay, just keep it in moderation.
  • cinnerrela
    cinnerrela Posts: 5
    Options
    Everybody has those bad days/weeks/months/and even years! In November 2012 I had dropped nearly 20 lbs to 235. I took over as acting manager when the manager had gone in for surgery, my work environment became horribly hostile and dysfunctional. Long story short, I gained over 40 lbs and am now standing at 274. So I'm right there with ya sister. We just gotta regroup, take our baby steps, and get back to taking control over this part of our lives. You can do it!