Saying hi and asking for help

Options
So I am saying hi here and also asking for help. I have an ankle injury that is 15 years old from the Navy and it just won't quit.....having surgery sometime this year. I have a Fitbit Flex so I am counting my steps but I just can't seem to get my steps in. I lowered my daily goal to 6000 from the typical 10000 because of my ankle but I am lucky to get half that on most days. I am not sleeping well either. I am no longer in the Navy and am a Stay at home Mom....both kids are in school full day so it's not like I am chasing them around all day. I need ways that I can get this weight off and possibly get my 6000 steps in with an injury. Any help you all can give me would be great.

Replies

• Slendermike
    Slendermike Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options
    I am sorry, I have no ideas
  • tamuaggie08
    tamuaggie08 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My dad was paralyzed 13 years ago from the waist down. While he can walk again, he still has no feeling in one of his feet. He decided to lose weight, and I'll tell you what he did.
    He didn't push himself too hard, but started with small goals. I don't know if you have easy access to a gym that has a pool (my local center has one, $10/month.) My dad just started by swimming every day, and the weight slid off. He then added slow walking on a treadmill. It's about not pushing yourself so hard you eventually quit. Do it just enough for motivation. He started small, and while I have no injuries, so have I. You'll get there and be moving easier before you know it.
    hope that helps!
  • 11ERS11
    11ERS11 Posts: 27
    Options
    Swimming is great exercise and therapy for injured limbs. I'd also recommend a recumbent stationary bike and or a rowing machine.