Looking to lose... and keep it off!

Options
tbg713
tbg713 Posts: 2 Member
Hi, My name is Tara. I just joined today. I am currently 172. I started trying to lose weight back in March. So far, I haven't really lost anything. I started exercising regularly in April. I gained a few more pounds in the beginning and am now back to my starting weight. Just the typical yo-yo up and down. It is very frustrating and discouraging! I would love some friends who may be able to provide advice/motivation to keep me going on the right track.

Replies

• auburnlady78
    auburnlady78 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!! I log in daily :smile:
  • chitownsweetie2
    chitownsweetie2 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Adding you now...warning...I need serious, dedicated loggers on my team...I will delete people who haven't logged on for more than 7 days..
  • wanttoloseweight4
    Options
    add me! message me if you ever need any help!
  • Lilloise
    Lilloise Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi Tara! Welcome to MFP. I can totally relate - I've been trying to lose weight (to varying degrees) for about 6 months and haven't made any progress. Actually, my weight now is more than my starting weight! I'm giving it another go and so far I've been really motivated and logging my calories nearly every day. I'm also looking for others to keep me accountable and trade tips with. I'm about 163lb (I usually work in kg), aiming between 130 and 145.

Feel free to add me :)

By the way...if you are struggling to lose weight, check out the "in place of a road map" forums to make sure you're eating the right amount. A lot of people here swear by that method.
  • tbg713
    tbg713 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    That is the exact weight range I would love to be in. I set my goal a little higher so I wouldn't get discouraged as easily. I work better with smaller goals :)
    Thanks! I will definitely have to check that out.