Underboob buldge? Help!

Options
I have the dreaded underboob roll, sticks out quite bad, its the only roll I have my tummy is big but not rolly.
Is there any specific excercises that target that, or will it eventually go with normal workouts?

Dayna x

Replies

• stubbornstef101
    Options
    try doing a bicycle crunch.. it works all the ab and chest muscles.
  • LittleSmurfX
    Options
    I have this and it annoys me to no end! But certain abs and chest workouts can help a lot (:
  • Dayniie
    Dayniie Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Honey, my first thought is are you wearing a bra that is too tight, or does not fit properly? I know that sounds like a strange comment, but I can tell you I used to wear under wire bras only. In my head, that was the best support I could get for my large breasts. Just 2 years ago I switched to bra's without under wire and I am so much more comfortable. And my cleavage has never looked better. :) I am almost 45 years old, so I consider myself lucky to have breasts that are closer to my chin than my knees. : )

I do, but its even when I am not wearing a bra that its there! I will most definitely go on a little shopping trip and get some without wire, thank you for your help!
    I hope I have the same luck as you in my later years! x
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce. Eat less and move more every day, and be patient.

^^^ This!
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options

QFT
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options

Erroneous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

This. Ab workouts are not going to be particularly helpful. Just work on having a consistent calorie deficit.
  • ellaloveslove
    ellaloveslove Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I have this too, I'm glad I'm not the only one!
  • curds
    curds Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Hey,

You might not be able to spot reduce etc etc, but swimming is a really good exercise for it. You not the only one who has it don't worry, but it really is hard to get rid of it even if you lose the weight and lower your BF% the lil fat pocket is stubborn!

Swimming, planks (basically working out) and working on your nutrition is the way to go.
  • Dayniie
    Options
    I have this too, I'm glad I'm not the only one!

I hate it! Its the worst part about me. I feel like I cant wear a tshirt thanks to it :(
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    I've not heard/seen the underboob buldge but if its anything like the back fat, I feel for ya :flowerforyou:
  • MikeBrusiaHart
    Options
    my friend used to have this problem too all she did was push ups and streaches that used all the muscle in her chest area after a month of that her buldge apparently disappeared or was small enough to not get noticed
  • Dayniie
    Options
    Its pretty much, well for me, a roll of fat like a normal roll if youre sitting but its under your boobs and for me, always stays. Even laying down is noticible. I think its a layer of fat on upper ribs maybe
  • MikeBrusiaHart
    Options
    maybe go to the doctors and have it checked to see if it can be delt with by working out or if its fatty tuissue that needs to be removed by the hospital ? like some guys that have man boobs need to have the tissue removed by operations
  • Owens8990
    Owens8990 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    0kld3gwxjedr.jpg

I have the same problem girl! I lost over 100lbs and it's the one thing that doesn't seem to shrink or go away 😢😭
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,409 Member
    Options
    When sitting: how good is your posture? Pretty much everyone has one when sitting with a round back. Even more so if your torso is on the short side as there's less space to distribute this to.
    I don't think that a different bra will fix the problem. A bra is supposed to sit tight underneath the breast as you otherwise lack breast support. It's just one of those joys of being a woman.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Exercises target muscle not fat.

Concentrate on lowering your overall bodyfat and not the distribution of your fat.
  • SnifterPug
    SnifterPug Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    I had some level of underboob roll and horrific amounts of back fat. My body fat percentage is still on the high side (34) though I am a healthy weight and I am working on the fat percentage. But over years of working hard towards a push up and a pull up with lots of upper body and core work I can report that I have no noticeable underboob roll now and the back fat is nearly gone. It's taken about four years of hard work, though. And it's work that I would not have undertaken, frankly, if it was for cosmetic reasons.