...you'd weigh xxx lbs in five weeks

Options
pmermakov
pmermakov Posts: 37 Member
About a month ago, I started to wonder if MFP's weight prediction was at all accurate. So, on April 23rd I completed my food log and as usual the little message appeared, "If everyday were like today, you'd weigh 157.9 lbs in 5 weeks." That would put me at May 29th. Well, today just 7 days before that date, I weigh 158.8 pounds. Pretty close! I'm betting in a week I will be a pound or two less, putting their projection spot on! Very exciting to me.

Please share what your experience has been with the weight projection feature on MFP. Thanks!

Replies

• craigmandu
    craigmandu Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    I've actually been losing more than the little prediction thing tells me.

I'm down about 10 pounds in 6 or so weeks. I keep expecting it to "slow" down, but so far it hasn't.

Guess I shouldn't complain about that !!!!!! :bigsmile:
  • TLWallperson
    TLWallperson Posts: 125
    Options
    For me it has not been this way even if I eat healthy and exersize. So I don't give it much credit.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    It is all just based on numbers and since we usually don't hit our numbers exactly the same it won't be the most accurate measure you can go by. So it's just a motivational reminder to keep gonig really.
  • snooj
    snooj Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Impressive! It's way off for me. When I was averaging 1-1.5 lb/week loss, it said I'd gain weight!
  • Gwen_B
    Gwen_B Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Mine keeps telling I'm going to loose 10 pounds for the last 6 months and I haven't lost a pound. In my situation I'm glad its not right because I don't want to loose anymore!
  • psychologym
    Options
    I pretty much ignore it. Calorie numbers can vary so much and the predictions I've been given have been widely inaccurate. I'm losing weight but something is off on the calculations. I think the best way to test the validity and reliability of the prediction algorithm would be to eat the same meals every day, in the same portions, at the same time for the five week period. I'd volunteer for that experiment myself but...ya know....I like variety.
  • icandoanything2
    icandoanything2 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    i wish mine would be accurate
    did you eat the same foods and do the same exercises?
    I find myself having to switch things up, so i don't have the exact same calories in/burned for every log.
  • pwittek10
    pwittek10 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    It has totally worked for me.
    The only time it has not is when I eat foods I should not have or
    I did not work out like I should.
  • leeanneowens
    leeanneowens Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I don't really pay much attention to it but it is interesting to see how it works for others.
  • sugarfree123
    sugarfree123 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat as gwen. I eat a variety of clean food. MFP always says that I will lose weight if I continue to eat xxx calories. I haven't lost even one pound for over a year now. This is ok with me because I also don't need to lose weight. Maybe that is the key.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I was curious to and it turns out that I am lighter than what was predicted.

In fact today is one of the days that I marked on the calender.

So MFP prediction for today was 198.9.
    Weight was 195.4 yesterday (up 1 lb today because of TOM)

MFP prediction for tomorrow is: 199.2
    MFP prediction for June 1st is: 197.3

And

MFP prediction for June 13 is : 195.8
  • Justjamie0418
    Justjamie0418 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    MFP is a big fat LIAR.

LOL!!!!

Just keep working and your body will do amazing things... it's funny some weeks I wont lose ANYTHING even after busting my butt, then other weeks I'll eat like crap and lose inches or a pound.
  • kellyswitzer
    Options
    Mine has been pretty close, but I log everything that goes into my mouth religiously. You can't underestimate your caloric intake or overestimate your exercise! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!