Lost just 1 pound :(

Options

Replies

• smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I lost 1/2 pound this week. 1 pound is good.
  • soulmatesnvrdie
    Options
    I've been in the middle of moving and spent 2-3 solid days moving boxes and furniture then weighed my self at the end of the week and actually gained 2lbs I was discouraged at first but then a couple days later I lost a few lbs. I think it was water weight or something being achy and my feet/ankles being a bit swollen. Give it time and see if it changes suddenly, but I'd take anything as a win as long as weight is coming off.
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    1 pound is great!!! I was going to grab the pic of 1 lb of yellow glub as a nice visual for you but I see someone beat me to it :) Seriously don't get discouraged 1 lb is amazing progress and you want to take it at a slow healthy pace anyway!!
  • TheDirtyBulker
    Options
    Do yourself a favor and throw the scale away and stop caring about how much you weigh. It's just a number. Go by how you feel, look in the mirror, and how your clothes are fitting.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Your ticker says you have lost 102kg so far. Is that correct?
  • gmansmom2
    gmansmom2 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Like everyone has said..... 1 pound is good.

1) I would recommend you log everything you eat - everyday. You have missed several days / meals.
    2) You need to find a BMR and TDEE calculator and determine how many calories you need and how many you should be eating with exercise. You are set at 1200 calories (and eating under that) with at least a moderate level of exercise. (I use fitnessfrog.com)
    3) If you are knew to working out then your body is in shock and may need some time to adjust. You will retain water weight at the beginning of a new workout regimen. Take your measurements.

Put some effort into really figuring out how many calories you need to eat and then just do it. Log everyday and be as active as you can. The weight will come off. Maybe not at the exact rate you want but it will come off.

Good luck! You CAN do this.
  • missmegan831
    missmegan831 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    <<<
    This :happy:
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    1lb a week is the exact progress you want from weight loss. Any more than that isn't sustainable or healthy in the long run.
    Well done, you lost 1lb in your first week.

/end thread
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    I would happily strangle half the people on this board to lose 1lb in a week.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Oh, and if you're really lost around 230lbs so far, you should be a lot more realistic about the realities of weight loss by now.
  • optimisticShark
    optimisticShark Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Hello, do you know me?

If you don't, you should. I'm a pound of fat,

And I'm the HAPPIEST pound of fat that you would ever want to meet.

Want to know why?

It's because no one ever wants to lose me;

I'm ONLY ONE POUND, just a pound!

Everyone wants to lose three pounds, five pounds, or fifteen pounds, but never only one.

So I just stick around and happily keep you fat.

Then I add to myself, ever so slyly, so that you never seem to notice it.

That is, until I've grown to ten, twenty, thirty or even more pounds in weight.

Yes, it's fun being ONLY ONE POUND OF FAT, left to do as I please.

So, when you weigh in, keep right on saying, "Oh, I only lost one pound."

(As if that were such a terrible thing.)

For you see, if you do this, you'll encourage others to keep me around because they'll think I'm not worth losing.

And, I love being around you - your arms, your legs, your chin, your hips and every part of you.

Happy Days!!!

After all, I'm ONLY ONE POUND OF FAT!!!

- Author Unknown

????Just keep adding to that one pound.????You got this!!

Thanks a lot for this. Loved it and will keep me motivated until I lose!! :)
  • optimisticShark
    Options
    Your ticker says you have lost 102kg so far. Is that correct?

No, I was trying to choose a ticker sample and somehow ended up with those numbers in there. Now I don't know how to delete it so its still there.
  • optimisticShark
    Options
    Oh, and if you're really lost around 230lbs so far, you should be a lot more realistic about the realities of weight loss by now.

No I haven't lost anything except 1 pound till now. If you are referring to my ticker then those number were accidently there and now I don't know how to delete them.
  • optimisticShark
    Options
    <<<
    This :happy:

Thats nice and motivating. Thanks!! :)
  • optimisticShark
    Options
    Do yourself a favor and throw the scale away and stop caring about how much you weigh. It's just a number. Go by how you feel, look in the mirror, and how your clothes are fitting.

Sure. Now I would only weigh when I lose a few dress sizes. Thanks!! :)
  • arcaneshadowcat
    Options
    You lost weight, be glad of that. I've hypothyroidism, so I saw no improvement until I was put on levithyroxine. Generally you are supposed to get a check up from a physician prior to exercising to ensure you don't damage your body. You may be eating too little for your body or not exercising enough or you have a health issue... check in with your doctor if you see no change in a few weeks still.
  • optimisticShark
    Options
    Thanks for your replies guys. I would refer them whenever I feel down during my weight loss because they all will keep me motivated. :)

Thing is my life and daily work is getting affected a lot because of my extra weight, am sure it would be more or less the same for all of us; but I was feeling a lot down because of me not losing it in expected time.

Thanks again... Love your +ve attitudes and keep going!! :smile:
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    It's not a contest, and you won't win a prize if you reach your goals faster ... view it as a permanent lifestyle change rather than a diet. By the way, you say you're doing a low-fat diet ... you have to be careful of a lot of the "low fat" foods being sold out there because many of them are loaded with carbs.

The other thing I've found is, my bathroom scale doesn't do its job very well. I can weight myself 3-4 times, one after the other, and get different results. That's one reason why it's not a good idea weighing too often ... home scales aren't accurate, your gut contents can vary from day to day, and your water content can vary for various reasons. Sometimes I don't weigh myself for a month or more because I've found the day-to-day fluctuations can be discouraging.
  • cakecup
    cakecup Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    keep it up dont over do it and give your body a break from exercising for a day and dont weigh yourself everyday if you do, be patient dont give up!
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    You should be saying: "YES! I lost a freaking pound this week!"

Nice work.