Detox?

Options
I started the Jillian Michael's Detox on Friday & I got really sick Tuesday - I'm still sick & going to the doctor today. (I haven't been sick in over a year.) I've heard that probiotics help your immune system. The first 7 days of this program are detox, then you take 7 days of probiotics. Has anyone else gotten sick during detox?

Replies

• sheyna1983
    sheyna1983 Posts: 137
    Options
    http://ca.eonline.com/uberblog/b193784_biggest_losers_jillian_michaels_packing.html

I wouldn't continue with the program. And yes, definitely see your doctor.
  • leesey1
    leesey1 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I read online last night she is being sued over that detox, because alot of those ingredients are harmful enough to cause death. One of the ingredients was claimed to be normally used to melt ice off warcrafts. Check with a physician to make sure you are okay, and discontinue immediately.
  • sarahlauren2010
    Options
    I just read that she is getting sued over her Detox because it has some chemical that is dangerous for your body.
    http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/35334490

I would STOP taking it now!
  • aehenson
    aehenson Posts: 86
    Options
    Thanks for all the information! I stopped taking it Tuesday & will not be starting back for sure.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    I guess this is why we're supposed to check with a doctor before starting any new program :(

I hope it's nothing serious and you recover quickly!
  • 1Steph1
    1Steph1 Posts: 145
    Options
    I think the best way to detox your body is to eat organic vegetables and fruits and drink lots of water. I hate all of these things you can buy in stores not for quick weight loss and detoxing. Its all a money making scam, and its unhealthy. I hope you get better soon! Being sick is awful.
  • Cina04
    Cina04 Posts: 609
    Options
    I started day one on Sunday been following the directions and haven't experienced anything compared to the Slimquick detox.
  • Cina04
    Cina04 Posts: 609
    Options
    but i just may go ahead and stop it. glad I only paid 16.00 vs 28.00 walmart was charging.
  • gottaluvboyz
    gottaluvboyz Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    I think the best way to detox your body is to eat organic vegetables and fruits and drink lots of water. I hate all of these things you can buy in stores not for quick weight loss and detoxing. Its all a money making scam, and its unhealthy. I hope you get better soon! Being sick is awful.

I couldn't agree more...money making scam and unhealthy!
  • absofsteel
    Options

This is the only safe way to detox and has the best results :)