In progress pics

Options
JMRod
JMRod Posts: 86 Member
I hope the pics post...

Well, this is my story.

Back in October, I was feeling very unwell at school for about a week. As a teacher, I attributed this unease to the stress I was under. A colleague saw me and asked if I was feeling okay. I told her no but said I couldn't afford to go home since I had already scheduled tutoring for that afternoon for a number of students trying to get a passing grade before grades were due.

Fortunately, my colleague wouldn't accept this from me and walked me to the school nurse. The nurse took my blood pressure and the look on her face scared me so much that I began crying. She directed me to go straight to the hiospital and I called my son to come pick me up and take me to the ER (not allowed to drive by nurse...smart lady).

I was kept over night in the cardiac ward to make sure that I wasn't having a heart attack or experiencing a stroke or pulmonay embollism. After many tests, I was released the following day with orders to see my primary doctor since these things had been rule out (thank goodness).

Well, my doctor listened as I explained my job and then told me I was OCD. That infuriated me since I suspected I had this condition and didn't want to hear it officially diagnosed. He told me that I needed to "let go" of things at school and I asked him how. He ended up prescribing some medication for the stress and blood pressure and recommended I seek therapy. I decided that I didn't need therapy and went back to school and MADE myself "let go". It was so much harder than I anticipated but I did it.

Fast forward to January. One of our counselor's created a Biggest Loser contest for the staff. I knew that if I was going to change (wanted off the new meds), this was my chance to make it happen.

The contest lasted 12 weeks. I didn't win the money prize but I won my health back!

So, here are my stats:

Weight in January: 202.4
Current weight: 180.2

Below are some before pictures. The wedding photo was taken in February 2011 (weight was between 200-210). There other pictures are current ones.

I have been running three times a week since February and started Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred. on Monday I hope to post new pictures after I complete the 30 days.

Well, as embarassing as the photos are to me, I figured I had to get them out there to motivate me to keep going.

50ab7644-4754-4e09-9eba-7a95d2b32ace.jpg
February 2011

5a3d02ef-af99-48ee-a065-27218656a5d7.jpg

56cbe7c2-0d54-4770-a190-acf0badca176.jpg

853abc3c-97c2-469a-8152-2686113d2cac.jpg

560e347f-ea8c-475f-8772-71cd15ec2c36.jpg
May 2013

Replies

• minihorselover
    minihorselover Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Smile!! 'cause you look fantastic!! congrats on the weight loss =]
  • Bigblondelady
    Bigblondelady Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    you are doing great, I have some pics I took at my beginning of this life journey and one day I will be brave like you and post them to encourage someone , tthank you for sharing your story
  • judtod
    judtod Posts: 85
    Options
    Congratulations! You look a lot younger now.
  • JaimeCST
    JaimeCST Posts: 118
    Options
    Great job!!! What a scare but I am glad that you are moving towards a healthier you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!