Slow bowel movement!!! Need advice!

Options
2»

Replies

• NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    20-25 mg of fiber is pretty low. I mean, that works for some people, but not most. You might try bumping it up to 25-30 a day. Even 35 if you're still having trouble. I personally aim for 30. I have my diary set to track fiber. If I find that I am ending my day with less than 30 mg, I'll take a fiber supplement. I've been taking Metamucil pills for years. But I recently discovered Fiber Gummis! It's like candy!!! But it's fiber, hee hee.
  • natasa26ca
    natasa26ca Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Fiber does help clean out the system. I have a friend that had this problem as well and what she realized was she was using all of the energy from her food. How much food are you consuming each day.

Before i started my dieting (3 days ago) i was around 1700 cals per day.Now i am down to 1350 cals on average. My usual food consumption: FiberOne 51% cereal for breakfast, fiberOne snack bar 30% while in school and later for dinner i had lean meat (chicken/fish), brown rice/potato, and always salad or steamed veggies. For snacks other than fiberone i had an apple or small banana. I am almost never hungry cause i eat small meals every couple of hours.

If my calculations are correct on average i intake 21-27 grams of fiber and it's said that women need 24g per day.
  • cboutin89
    cboutin89 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Not enough fiber in my diet caused me to plateau also. I have recently purchased fiber wells gummies and fiber one powder. I definitely see the scale moving more and frequent/ smoother movements. There are other suppliers that you can get like Metamucil like some people suggested. You can also get your fiber naturally from fruits, veggies, and nuts if you want. It seems as your doing everything else pretty well on the surface.Supplements like multivitamins,fish oil,garlic oil, biotin, and consumption of natural oils several times a day ( coconut, black seed, olive etc.) can also help. With a few adjustments to your fiber intake the scale should be moving.
  • natasa26ca
    natasa26ca Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    20-25 mg of fiber is pretty low. I mean, that works for some people, but not most. You might try bumping it up to 25-30 a day. Even 35 if you're still having trouble. I personally aim for 30. I have my diary set to track fiber. If I find that I am ending my day with less than 30 mg, I'll take a fiber supplement. I've been taking Metamucil pills for years. But I recently discovered Fiber Gummis! It's like candy!!! But it's fiber, hee hee.

I was wondering if i was getting enough but everyone i asked said i was fine at 24g which was recomended. I will try increasin my fiber intake to 30 like you said and see if it helps.

Gonna get those yummy gummies couple people mentioned as well hehe
  • hcarter7878
    Options
    I had the same problem with BM, but mine was due to my high intake of dairy. I cut a huge bit of dairy out and it has helped a lot! Not saying dairy is your problem. I have also found drinking atleast one cup of coffee will make you go. I need to add more fiber. The Metamucil works wonders!!! Hope you get it straightened out!
    #20pounds lighter in 8 weeks!
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Fiber does help clean out the system. I have a friend that had this problem as well and what she realized was she was using all of the energy from her food. How much food are you consuming each day.

Before i started my dieting (3 days ago) i was around 1700 cals per day.Now i am down to 1350 cals on average. My usual food consumption: FiberOne 51% cereal for breakfast, fiberOne snack bar 30% while in school and later for dinner i had lean meat (chicken/fish), brown rice/potato, and always salad or steamed veggies. For snacks other than fiberone i had an apple or small banana. I am almost never hungry cause i eat small meals every couple of hours.

If my calculations are correct on average i intake 21-27 grams of fiber and it's said that women need 24g per day.

Doesn't sound like you get much fat. If you don't get enough that could also cause constipation.
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options

I was wondering if i was getting enough but everyone i asked said i was fine at 24g which was recomended. I will try increasin my fiber intake to 30 like you said and see if it helps.

Gonna get those yummy gummies couple people mentioned as well hehe

Everybody is different. I think 24 is average and OK for lots of people. But I know it's a bare minimum for me. It's something that pretty easy to experiment with.

I also like Metamucil Fiber + Calcium pills. Two birds with one stone!
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    I had issues for years and did the whole prune and Metamucil thing with very limited success. What has worked amazingly for me for the past year is homemade muesli for breakfast most days - rolled oats, bran, LSA, wheat germ, coconut, chia seeds, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds and sunflower seeds with raisins and dried apricots and almonds.

Also, kiwifruit is amazing for getting you going.
  • changeyourlimits
    Options
    I think you are right were you need for fiber. Are your reaching the goals for your carbs, proteins and fats for the day 1300 might be low if you are working out each day.
  • Shahed007
    Shahed007 Posts: 1
    Options
    This is very common disease & can be cure with proper diagnosis.Get help from healyrbody@gmail.com
  • shammathews
    shammathews Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I noticed that once I increased how much fat, not fiber, I was consuming in a day, it really helped me. You might try adding some more healthy fats to your diet and see what that does for you.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    61cH30Koy8L._SY300_.jpg