Pregnancy Group

Options
Would anyone be interested in being in a group for pregnant women? I need to focus on just being healthy during pregnancy and fight the urge to lose 5lbs a week. Feel free to add me!

Replies

• Rachshuv
    Rachshuv Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I think a pregancy group is a great idea... Ive been really proud of my super fit weight loss epic year so far....now im pregant and its a bit strange to get my head round it all...
  • bsl94
    bsl94 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Yes please!! I am 15 weeks pregnant - I lost nearly 6.5 stone before getting pregnant so definitely hard to get my head around gaining again.
  • FFXXIV
    FFXXIV Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are trying to get pregnant.. can I still join the group? I'd love to learn of all the ways to having a healthy pregnancy!
  • jlkeating
    jlkeating Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I am in the same boat, I never struggled with weight pre-pregnancy and now being 15 weeks and watching the scale go up and up is a change. I am looking for other mamas to be who are making healthy choices for tips and advice for a healthy weight gain. Oh and congrats to everyone on your new lil additions
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Just thought I would share what I discovered - in a nut shell.

I'll be at 14 weeks on Sunday. For me, having a weight problem my whole life, it was very scary at first to know that not only would it be unhealthy to try to lose weight while pregnant, but also I had to give up my weight lifting. The first several weeks I really tried to keep cals low & suddenly realized that I was thinking about me, and not the health of my Baby-to-be and their Soon-to-be-Mommy. Once this set in, I realized that I needed to think about Health, Strength, Endurance & Longevity for the Baby & Me. In the last few weeks, I've upped my cals to where they need to be, if I'm hungry I eat, if I'm over cals I don't worry. I still workout, not at the intensity that I used to as I was pretty hard-core, but I need to stay healthy for life more now than ever before. I'm tracking a healthy weight gain for the Baby, and while sometimes I want to eat "junk" foods and I do eat them, I'm keeping to my healthy habits that I've had for the last few years. I've only gained about 8 pounds so far; part due to not being able to weight lift (I'm still doing light strength training, but no more 60+ lb bench press & 90-100lb squats!!) and part being able to gaining at least 2 lbs in my chest alone (:wink: ).

Feel free to add me if you would like: I am committed to a Healthy Lifestyle for the life of me & my Baby.
  • melissabaillie2012
    Options
    i would!! im 26 weeks tomorrow and have gained alot so far
  • Stephaniengarner
    Options
    oh yes I would like to I try to stay fit while pregnant and would love to be in a group !