No change in 2 weeks.....

Options
Hi, I am 33 yr old female. I am planning to lose 60lbs in one year. I started my diet and exercises 2 weeks back. I am not seeing any change anywhere....nothing in inches or weight.....I was expecting some change by now.....is it too early? When did you all start seeing the difference? Of course, I'll continue....but was disappointed to see no change....please give me some advice.....thanks

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    no idea. Closed diary. Height ? weight ? exercise regime ? calories eaten ? of what ? etc etc
  • tryng2lose60lbs
    Options
    Oh....I made my profile public....I am new to MFP.....Anyways, my height is 5'3''. Current weight 157lbs.
    I am doing strength training exercises 3 times in a week, walking 3 mph for 20 min, bicycling 20 min. 40 min of taekwando class.
    Trying to eat within the calorie limit. But exceeding 100-150 calories
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    Oh....I made my profile public....I am new to MFP.....Anyways, my height is 5'3''. Current weight 157lbs.
    I am doing strength training exercises 3 times in a week, walking 3 mph for 20 min, bicycling 20 min. 40 min of taekwando class.
    Trying to eat within the calorie limit. But exceeding 100-150 calories

id say the karate class estimate is way over, unless you are sweating like your running.

the healthy BMI range for your height is 104 - 127 lbs. so yeh 60 would be the maximum.

this is your BMR information:

3eWDLf3.png

so 1300 ish calories and maybe only eat back 2/3 of your exercise.

and yeh.... its been like 2 weeks of whatever. try again in two months and dont exceed your calories!

edit: you could possibly eat more and loose, which im sure people are about to tell you, like 50 times.
  • tati_222
    tati_222 Posts: 2
    Options
    The important part is to not give up!! I started about six weeks ago and started losing weight quickly but then stopped and now I am plateaued at this weight even though I'm still controlling my calorie intake and exercising almost every day. I know there's gonna be a breakthrough soon! The important thing is to change your lifestyle and your way of looking at food and exercise. If you change that, you will be healthy no matter what.
  • tryng2lose60lbs
    Options
    Thank you Nikilis. That is a very useful information. I never worried about my weight before so never actually tried to understand the science of loosing weight.
  • CrystalDreams
    CrystalDreams Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Patience young padawan..... it takes about a month for you to notice, and about 4 for everyone else to notice changes
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    Patience young padawan..... it takes about a month for you to notice, and about 4 for everyone else to notice changes

sage wisdom, you have.
  • prium01
    prium01 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Please continue exercising and see what a month can do...Also I see too much of Biriyani,Pizza and Processed food...Hope you go for fresh food and try upping your protein and lowing your carbs...Its good you are logging..Are your measuring portions?? You need to check what you are eating.This king of eating wont help sorry..Please change your eating habits...Eating once a while is good...Your diary looks ...I don't know what to say.Last week's food was not great it seems..It takes time but you will definitely get over your eating..just keep going forward..:flowerforyou:
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    it all takes time, do not give up.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Two things, aim to eat 50% of your exercise, MFP tends to be high and add a lot more protein in your diet and drop the carbs. I eat less carbs and eat 1000 calories more.