Wedding Music!!!! HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP

Options
Making our song list for the wedding
Grandparents/Parents walking down isle - Fly Me To the Moon -Frank Sinatra
Attendants Walking down the isle- Somewhere over the Rainbow - Jason Castro
Me Walking down the isle-??? (SUGGESTIONS)
Walking back up the isle (Attendants and Bride/groom) - ???SUGGESTIONS
Grandparents/Parent walking back up isle - ???? Suggestions
First Dance - Michael Buble- You and I
Daddy Daughter - What a Wonderful World Frank Sinatra (For my Grandpa who passed away a year ago, my dad's dad)
Mother Son - Because You Loved Me Celine Dion
Garter - I Like Big Butts (HAHAHAHA)
Bouquet - ?? Suggestions
Cake - ??? Suggestions
Reception/Dance Music - SUGGESTIONS (we have a small list but too much to type!!)

Replies

• bandnerd129
    Options
    For the bouquet, you could do Single Ladies by Beyonce, or Girls Just Wanna have Fun by Cindi Lauper
  • Scncartist
    Scncartist Posts: 173
    Options
    HAH! I'm totally in the same world you are!

I'm walking down the aisle to Bon Jovi - Making a Memory
    The recessional is by The Carter Family - Keep on the Sunny Side.

We're pretty non-traditional though. I haven't got much more than that worked out (out of the suggestions you are looking for). Keep me informed what you pick! :-)
  • GooBeGone
    GooBeGone Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    For the bouquet, you could do Single Ladies by Beyonce, or Girls Just Wanna have Fun by Cindi Lauper

i vote single ladies 4 the bouquet lol
  • Dawn_2013
    Dawn_2013 Posts: 170
    Options
    I am not a country music fan but THE DANCE by Garth Brooks is SO AMAZING. If you can fit it in, definitely do it! :)
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    You don't need music for the cake, really. Everyone will be clamoring around and being loud and it's supposed to be very sweet so I would just let the moment be the music.
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I walked down the aisle to From this Moment on by Shania Twain.
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    We eloped, got married on vacation - so that doesn't help much :wink: ...

We did play our song in the background while we exchanged our vows though ... Beautiful in My Eyes by Joshua Kadison. It's kind of corny 15 years later, but the words are really sweet.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Oh, how fun! I did "Girls Just want to have Fun" for the bouquet toss because my DH hated the Single Ladies song.
    As far as the aisle walk, you could pick something traditional, but I like the Beatles song, "All you need is love" I think it starts with a trumpeting that is kind of fun.
    For the recessional I think something really up-beat, like U2s It's a Beautiful Day would be good.
    All my ceremony music and first dance was Devotchka because they were a local band we liked and had seen in concert many times, so if there is anything like that you might want to throw it in.
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • tn2010
    tn2010 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    So glad to see you've left off Puke-abel's Canon! Just went to a wedding this weekend and the reception was heavily stacked with MJ and Gaga...have to admit it was fun :drinker:
  • KPaden1221
    KPaden1221 Posts: 433
    Options
    So glad to see you've left off Puke-abel's Canon! Just went to a wedding this weekend and the reception was heavily stacked with MJ and Gaga...have to admit it was fun :drinker:

AMEN!!

Reception will be HEAVY with Gaga, MJ, Madonna, U2, Beatles, Even probably some Spears :)
  • Mellie13
    Mellie13 Posts: 424
    Options
    Making our song list for the wedding
    Grandparents/Parents walking down isle - Fly Me To the Moon -Frank Sinatra
    Attendants Walking down the isle- Somewhere over the Rainbow - Jason Castro
    Me Walking down the isle-??? (SUGGESTIONS)
    Walking back up the isle (Attendants and Bride/groom) - ???SUGGESTIONS
    Grandparents/Parent walking back up isle - ???? Suggestions
    First Dance - Michael Buble- You and I
    Daddy Daughter - What a Wonderful World Frank Sinatra
    Mother Son - Because You Loved Me Celine Dion
    Garter - I Like Big Butts (HAHAHAHA)
    Bouquet - ?? Suggestions
    Cake - ??? Suggestions
    Reception/Dance Music - SUGGESTIONS (we have a small list but too much to type!!)

We had super non-traditional music in our wedding! Seating of the parents was God Only Knows by the Beach Boys (his father passed away and was a huge Beach Boys Fan & it was the only one somewhat appropriate), The attendants processional was You & I (the extended version) by Lifehouse, The kids walked in to Accidentally In Love by Counting Crows, I walked down the isle to She by Elvis Costello, we did a sand ceremony and durring that played Long Time Coming by Oliver James, then the recessional was Love You Madly by Cake. Our first dance was Wonderful Tonight by Eric Clapton, Mother/Son dance was (I cannot think of it right now) & Father/Daughter dance was Through the Years by Kenny Rodgers (I think-even though it is a love song). Durring the bouquet toss we played Single Ladies!! I think the garter toss was Kiss by Prince and cake cutting was just some nice background music I think (if it even got played).
    Also, I would really listen to the lyrics before you pick a song. So far I have seen listed a song about death and a breakup song. I'm just extridinarly picky about what a song means, though!
  • KPaden1221
    KPaden1221 Posts: 433
    Options

Also, I would really listen to the lyrics before you pick a song. So far I have seen listed a song about death and a breakup song. I'm just extridinarly picky about what a song means, though!

which ones?!?! (lol)
  • LHuffman24
    LHuffman24 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    We did "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" for the bouquet toss too. My DH wanted "Talk Dirty to Me" by Poison for the garter, but the intro was too long, so we switched it to "Nothin' but a Good Time" instead. I think we did "How Sweet it is to be Loved by You" by James Taylor for the cake cutting, but like someone else said, it was loud in there and no one was really paying attention...

I went to a wedding earlier this year where they played "It's Not Unusual" and everyone started doing The Carlton (from Fresh Prince of Bel-Air)... Cheesy, but fun!
  • Garfy
    Garfy Posts: 41
    Options
    I got married a couple of years ago last May.

I walked down the aisle to Chi Mai - I think its a beautiful piece of classical music that is timeless.

Walking back up the the aisle as man & wife (my husband also holding our 26 month old's hand) we used Morecombe & Wise - Bring Me Sunshine - you may have to be from the UK to know what it is ! True legends in comedy. Its certainly wasn't traditional ! (& the Best Man took up the bait & exit did the actions - if you want to know what they are: You Tube it !)

Our first dance was Michael Buble - Everything

I hope you have a wonderful day !
  • Barbina_34
    Options
    This is going to sound Crazy & Insane but listen to the song....Innocence by Avril Lavigne, its soooo pretty for a wedding!
  • JJs25th
    JJs25th Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    We had a Cahtolic Mass so Mendalson's Wedding march was out of consideration. I went down the aisle to "The Wedding Song" by Noel Paul Stookey. It was beautiful and reverant (and for the times, and our priest, it was a bit modern), and it said what we wanted to say. It was 25 years ago, but I think it still says it all very well.
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    When I was married back in 1990, we used an instrumental song by Kenny G called "Coming Home" for our processional (entrance). I am not even married to that person any more, and I still can't even THINK about that song without tearing up (in a good way).

One suggestion for reception music-in between all the currently popular stuff, (assuming you have lots of guests from your parents'/AKA my generation, include some 60's and 70's music. That should get the older guests up dancing, whereas they might pass on things they aren't familar with. Just a thought.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I saw this was still saved to my favorites, My one year anniversary is tomorrow!
    http://wedding.theknot.com/special-wedding-features/fourth-of-july-wedding-ideas/articles/10-american-wedding-song-ideas.aspx?MsdVisit=1
    It has some good ideas/inspiration, I think!
    Let us know what you decide...