Is this accurate? 797 Calories burned on INSANITY fit test?

Options
So I used an online calculator (http://www.mapmyrun.com/tools/calculators) and based on:

weight: 257.6
male
30 minutes
selecting "insanity dig deeper" (they have the workouts programmed in?)

it came up with 797 calories burned. My pulse monitor (I got Scosche MyTrek) doesn't come in until tonight, so I'll be able to actually track HR and calories burned starting tomorrow, but I want to make sure I've got the right calories burned for today. Does that sound accurate?

Replies

• ClassicPearl
    ClassicPearl Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    It could be... When I weighted 241, I would burn calories like CRAZY!

A few of Jillian Michaels' 30 minutes DVDs would give me a 500 calories burn. I'm sure Insanity is worse, so yeah I think you could do that.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    That seems pretty freakin high. I did the Insanity fit test a year ago. I was a little over 200 pounds and burned about 300 calories according to my HRM.
  • SoTHISIsFitness
    SoTHISIsFitness Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    By the time I finished I was in a flop sweat, could hardly talk, and was flushed red from pushing myself to exhaustion. I also supplement with HyperShred (thermogenic) and N.O. Xplode (pre-workout supplement, spaced out for safety, of course). I thought that number seemed high prior to the workout since that's when I looked it up online, but when we were cooling down...it felt realistic. haha
  • jnh17
    jnh17 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Um....maaaaaybe? I don't even burn that amount on the hardest Month 2 video but I'm a girl that weighs 100lbs less. It's still higher than I would predict but possible...
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    IMO No, the fit test has breaks after every test and its only for a minute each, you are a bit bigger so you did burn alot of calories, but I wouldn't eat back that full amount... You probably burned 400-500 calories.. during the normal video though you maybe burning that 700-800 at your weight and really pushing but you gotta see where your HR is at when you get it.
  • kansasgal19
    kansasgal19 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on your weight and heart rate. I am 145 pounds, 5'5" and according to my HRM - day 1 fit test: 191 calories. I don't think it's necessarily high, just depends on the person.
  • charlottefairbairn
    Options
    I've just done the fit test for the first time and although the DVD is 30 mins long, you're only working out for ten minutes of that, so I think somewhere around 150-300 (depending on your weight and existing fitness) sounds about right.
  • bluebear_74
    bluebear_74 Posts: 179
    Options
    Did the test for the first time yesterday. My HRM told me I burnt 149.
  • squatsandlipgloss
    squatsandlipgloss Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Very, very unlikely. Those online calculators are full of sh... Use your heart rate monitor for this to be sure. I always stay within 70-90% of my max heart rate. I weigh less (not much less!) than you but dig very deep. I burn about 450-500 each time. Fit test a little under 400.
  • sexychocolate19
    sexychocolate19 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    thanks that calculator helped. I think its accurate, it'll have to do until I get my heart monitor. !!
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I just finished the fit test - my Polar HRM says I burned 188 calories
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    Yeah..I doubt that is correct.. I would get a HRM..the only way to get an accurate burn.
  • SleeplessinBerlin
    SleeplessinBerlin Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    No. The only intense part of the Fit Test lasts 8 minutes. The rest is stretch, breaks and a normal warm up.
  • SGSmallman
    SGSmallman Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    So I used an online calculator (http://www.mapmyrun.com/tools/calculators) and based on:

weight: 257.6
    male
    30 minutes
    selecting "insanity dig deeper" (they have the workouts programmed in?)

it came up with 797 calories burned. My pulse monitor (I got Scosche MyTrek) doesn't come in until tonight, so I'll be able to actually track HR and calories burned starting tomorrow, but I want to make sure I've got the right calories burned for today. Does that sound accurate?

I was very similar to you when i started (5'11, 24 SW 226lbs and i would hit over 1000 cals using a hrm.

I wouldn't use mfp food recommendations, read this http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/833026-important-posts-to-read helped me out ALOT!!!!
  • lisahewitt22
    lisahewitt22 Posts: 102
    Options
    When I did insanity it was no where near that, I was about 90 pounds lighter than you and way shorter though so of course mine would be different, but I just don't think that sounds right. It has to be somewhere close though, couldn't be too far off.
  • jporter2004
    jporter2004 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    IMO no, I don't think that's accurate...I just finished Insanity and that sounds more like what I've burned doing a full workout in month 2.