Any good shrimp recipes?

Options
While at the grocery store yesterday I was in the seafood section stocking up (sale) and I bought a bunch of Shrimp, so today I was planning on making grilled garlic shrimp and I was wondering what some of you on MFP like to make with Shrimp. I love it very much...so does my family. I have made many dishes with it in the past but I'm curious about you all's (on My Fitness Pal's)recipes. Thank you much ahead of time:flowerforyou:

Replies

• Becka77
    Becka77 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I've made this Dijon Shrimp Scampi several times and it's really good and super easy. It's even better the next day, and you can eat it cold straight out of the fridge.

http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/dijon-shrimp-scampi-54071.aspx
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    MMM! LOVE Shrimp!!

*Grilled on skewers & right at the end of cooking, brush with your favorite salad dressing
    * Stir fry with lots of veggies (most times i stir fry with no oil, just cooking spray)
    * lettuce wraps (I like to mimic lettuce cups that i get in chinese restaurants.... stir fry some veggies, shrimp, add some water chestnuts for crunch, add a blob of peanut butter, a little soy sauce and a little something to sweeten (like pure maple syrup, agave, etc)
  • PamelaHoneyHuggy
    PamelaHoneyHuggy Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    We like to add shrimp to Birdseye Oriental stir-fry Veggies. It is soooooooooo good. Yummy. Hope you enjoy.:flowerforyou:
  • kpie11
    kpie11 Posts: 53
    Options
    I love shrimp too so I'm all about searching on food network to find something that's low in fat/calories to make with them. I saw this recipe on the website and thought i'd try it out this week. It looks yummy. I'd probably serve it with a salad or maybe some fresh green beans. The link's below:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/eating-well/shrimp-with-mango-amp-basil-recipe/index.html

Katie
  • tex43
    tex43 Posts: 229
    Options
    Cajun Style is really good,there are several ways to do it,we first boil small new potatoes ,about 10 minutes ,corn next to your liking ,then your shrimp boil all of this in ceyane pepper or Tony's creaole seasoning,or both depending on how hot you like it.

Sprinkle a little seasons on after done ,add butter and garlic with it,it don't matter,cold lite beer from miller ,damn I'm getting hungry just thinkin bout it!:explode:
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    Cajun Style is really good,there are several ways to do it,we first boil small new potatoes ,about 10 minutes ,corn next to your liking ,then your shrimp boil all of this in ceyane pepper or Tony's creaole seasoning,or both depending on how hot you like it.

Sprinkle a little seasons on after done ,add butter and garlic with it,it don't matter,cold lite beer from miller ,damn I'm getting hungry just thinkin bout it!:explode:

LOL, MMMM that sounds extremely good! I am all about anything Cajun....Thanks for the idea!!!
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    I've made this Dijon Shrimp Scampi several times and it's really good and super easy. It's even better the next day, and you can eat it cold straight out of the fridge.

http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/dijon-shrimp-scampi-54071.aspx

Were HUGE Dijon fans in my house! Thanks alot :flowerforyou:
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    MMM! LOVE Shrimp!!

*Grilled on skewers & right at the end of cooking, brush with your favorite salad dressing
    * Stir fry with lots of veggies (most times i stir fry with no oil, just cooking spray)
    * lettuce wraps (I like to mimic lettuce cups that i get in chinese restaurants.... stir fry some veggies, shrimp, add some water chestnuts for crunch, add a blob of peanut butter, a little soy sauce and a little something to sweeten (like pure maple syrup, agave, etc)

I LOVE grilling my Shrimp...the salad dressing is such an incredible idea. You can have soooomany different Flavors that way! I LOOOOVE Vidalia Onion Vinagerette that sound sooo good on it! Thanks a MILLION!!!
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    We like to add shrimp to Birdseye Oriental stir-fry Veggies. It is soooooooooo good. Yummy. Hope you enjoy.:flowerforyou:

Thank you :) I Love me some Oriental, lol!
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    I love shrimp too so I'm all about searching on food network to find something that's low in fat/calories to make with them. I saw this recipe on the website and thought i'd try it out this week. It looks yummy. I'd probably serve it with a salad or maybe some fresh green beans. The link's below:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/eating-well/shrimp-with-mango-amp-basil-recipe/index.html

Katie

Thank you, Does sound Great! I'm always looking for the same thing...low fat/calorie everything. Thank you for sharing!
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    WELPT I guess I'm making another trip to the store today for more Shrimp now! Everyone's idea are Phenominal. I can wait to try them all:wink:
  • Mellie13
    Mellie13 Posts: 424
    Options
    We eat shrimp a lot! One of my faves is from my Betty Crocker cookbook and it's Shrimp Creole. I also have a garlic shrimp pasta recipe that I think is from the Mayo Clinic website. I also do shrimp stir fry, shrimp fried rice. That's all I can think of now.
    I sound like Bubba!! "Shrimp sandwhich..."