The Annual Work Christmas Party

Options
Does anyone have any ideas on how to handle the annual Christmas party? I believe I had around 6 desserts and small portions of about 20 dinner dishes. The "enter a new food item" section didn't like my "around 5000" calories entry. So, do I give up, don't enter it, and spend 5 hours or so on the treadmill? Or should I put it in as 30 servings of cookies?

Sarah :)

Replies

• Sarraid
    Options
    Does anyone have any ideas on how to handle the annual Christmas party? I believe I had around 6 desserts and small portions of about 20 dinner dishes. The "enter a new food item" section didn't like my "around 5000" calories entry. So, do I give up, don't enter it, and spend 5 hours or so on the treadmill? Or should I put it in as 30 servings of cookies?

Sarah :)
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    This is where I run into problems, too. Parties, get togethers, etc...Do I sit there with a note pad and bring my food scale? I just decided to concede to the food. I eat what I'd like, to a point (though I do try to stick to the healthier foods and skimp on the bad foods...except for the cheese fiasco on Wednesday), and just figure I've probably gone over and move on. It's nearly impossible to figure it all out unless the recipes are all there or you know exactly what you ate.
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Good question, But I would not be too concerned with one night of debauchery.
    It is when you eat like that day after day after day.
    I had that trouble at my boyfriends Christmas party.
    The DINNER was O.K. and I had a decent serving that was very respectable as to what I normally eat. Maybe a little over, but not by much.
    Then I saw after dinner that they had one of my FAVORITE pastry shops had an all you can eat desert bar.:love:
    I lost it. :embarassed:
    A slice of coconut cake, a slice of the New York cheese cake, a decedent cream puff pastry, and some of the BEST cocoanut macaroons that I think I have EVER had. :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:
    After that I felt so full, but I also felt sick. :sick:
    1) Because of the sugar that I was not used to eating. and 2) because of the amount.
    I opted to not even TRY to log that night’s meal and skipped it. I also opted not to weigh myself the next morning because I did not WANT to KNOW.
    But I can tell you I was a VERY VERY VERY good girl eating and working out the next day.
    By Monday when I did weigh myself, I had not gained any weight...I had not LOST any weight, but I did not gain... THAT WAS MY BIGGEST FEAR.
    BUT I DIGRESS...
    It is up to you. But I opted out for the one day. :flowerforyou:
    --Diann...
  • Razboo
    Razboo Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Just go for it and enjoy yourself. One battle does not win a war, and one night with a relaxed diet isn't going to stop you from meeting your goal. ...Just so long as it isn't every second night. :smile:

Personally, I try to keep it moderate, but I don't often get to eat sweets or stuff anymore. So, I go ahead and eat them and have only a passing feeling of guilt that is easily overcome by the delight of whatever 'forbidden fruit' I am indulging in.

And as far as the calories, some days I just give up and don't bother entering them. :ohwell:
  • katiechakos
    katiechakos Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Just go for it and enjoy yourself. One battle does not win a war, and one night with a relaxed diet isn't going to stop you from meeting your goal. ...Just so long as it isn't every second night. :smile:

Personally, I try to keep it moderate, but I don't often get to eat sweets or stuff anymore. So, I go ahead and eat them and have only a passing feeling of guilt that is easily overcome by the delight of whatever 'forbidden fruit' I am indulging in.

And as far as the calories, some days I just give up and don't bother entering them. :ohwell:

Raz, I'm the same way. If I go over sometimes I just can't even face myself by entering the "evidence"!!! You are so right when you say that one battle doesn't win the war. I've been really frustrated lately. I feel like I just can't get a grip. I am sort of thinking about joining weight watchers and being held physically accountable for showing up. I don't know... I'm feeling pretty down in the dumps.