Favorite low calorie desserts?

Options

Replies

• seif0068
    seif0068 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Dannon vanilla nonfat yogurt with a teaspoon of caramel syrup

Apple slices microwaved with cinnamon - like apple pie filling!

Different types of meringue cookies
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    1. fruit
    2. popsicle
    3. 100 cal. cookie packs
    4. yogurt
    5. Gogurt
    6. cereal
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Sautéed apple slices with a bit of brown sugar dusted over them and sprinkled with cinnamon - tastes JUST like apple pie. Also makes a great oatmeal topping.

Fresh berries with a dollop of non-dairy whipped topping.

Bowl of special K with red berries with vanilla soy or almond milk.

A square of dark chocolate.

A bit of non-dairy ice cream like Coconut Bliss - so many great flavors!
  • BakingMadGymAddict
    Options
    I make Frozen Yoghurt Popsicles with berries and granola. Cute to make and low calories!
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    For the summer I like frozen fruit with a spoon of koolwhip on it or a 40 calorie fudgecycle. Greek yogurt with fresh fruit and some koolwhip is yummy too.

I can't hear or say Koolwhip without thinking of Family Guy.
  • carrietehbear
    carrietehbear Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    ice cream (you can find many good ones that are only 150 calories for 1/2 cup serving.) mmmm
    half banana coated w/ melted peanut butter & chocolate then frozen (125 calories)
    chocolate milk (trumoo or almond) (130-140 calories)
    Oreo cookies (135-170 calories per serving)

I'm currently in maintenance and allowing 20% of my calories a day for "junk" food.
  • soulmatesnvrdie
    Options
    I love the new Dole Banana Dippers, in the freezer isle by the fruit, they're frozen dark chocolate covered banana slices at 100 calories/4 slices. I came across them while looking for the whole/popsicle version of them called Diana's Banana Babies (130 calories) but those are harder to find and after trying the Dole ones I prefer them, they are really good and satisfy my sweet tooth and I can only have a couple and save the rest for later if I want.
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    fudgesicles!!!!
    ice cream sandwiches.
    both knock on the door of 100 cals

otherwise, any yogurt mixed with frozen blueberries
    or if feeling particulalry indulgent
    mix up SF pudding , and toss in some fruit

but truthfully if i want a dessert, i would rather just budget the calories and have the damn dessert...
    there is no reason to go with "healthy" versions, just because..
    i believe VERY strongly in PLANNED indulgence
  • LindseySprake
    LindseySprake Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Sugar free Jelly :-) approx 30cals per serving, 0 carbs and 1 g protien! Happy Days :heart:
  • cicisiam
    cicisiam Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Bump..good to know there are some healthy recipe websites..I hope with the nutrition facts also. Craving a lemon meringue pie here, but scared of the calorie content and sugar. Thank you.:flowerforyou:
    i have been trying out a lot of desserts because i too have a serious sweet tooth. and sometimes fruits just wont cut it. i have tried some from these websites and my favorite include banana ice cream, raw fudge brownie, and oatmeal cookies.

skinnytaste.com
    hungryhealthyhappy.com
    mywholefoodlife.com

:wink:
  • rachelprogress
    rachelprogress Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    For simple desserts I like frozen greek yogurts! 85g/half cup is 100 cals 19c/6p/0f for the one linked below... I love the Chocolate!
    http://www.stonyfield.com/products/frozen/greek-frozen-yogurt/nonfat/chocolate

I also like to make the fat free, sugar free Jello Cook N Serve or instant mixes but use Almond milk instead of regular milk. Tasty on its own. However, to liven it up a bit, or if I want to prepare a "healthy" dessert for company, you can buy a premade graham crust (or crush something crumbley and bind with a liquid to create a crumb crust and press into a pie plate). Then pour the pudding into the crust and let set in the fridge for a couple hours. Voila, a nice chocolate pudding pie! Tastes richer once it sets up. I like to brown coconuts shreds and put that on top. Garnish with fresh fruit and/or your light whipped topping of choice :)
  • mom2dzbnwe
    mom2dzbnwe Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    bump
    yum!
  • Kristinak222
    Kristinak222 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing this information.
  • back2happy2005
    back2happy2005 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I started making this for myself and my kids love it so we usually make a batch every weekend to have for dessert after our family Sunday dinner.

1 container of fat free cool whip
    1 pkg of sugar free pudding (any flavor, we usually use vanilla)
    After cool whip is soft mix with pudding and your imagination is the limit for what you can add. I usually do a can of oranges and or pineapple last Sunday the kids added fresh strawberries. I used banana pudding once and added shredded coconut and pineapple it was wonderful.
  • joolywooly33
    joolywooly33 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    frozen red berries - like little sweeties, bursting with flavour and practically no cals...........
  • katya_be
    katya_be Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    if you want to make homemade desserts check out this website! http://dessertswithbenefits.com/
  • LFA50
    LFA50 Posts: 58
    Options
    slice a small apple, 1/2 banana or strawberries, peaches - whatever - into a frying pan (or grill) and heat until soft - serve over 1/2 cup nonfat frozen yogurt of your choice - the warm soft fruit mingles and melts the yogurt and makes the whole portion seem much larger than it actually is - also,"cooking" the fruit intensifies the flavor and natural sweetness... very very satisfying
  • LessHeavyVeggie
    LessHeavyVeggie Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/ - I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned yet! Great blog FULL of healthy desserts including cakes for one, older recipes don't have cals but I use the recipe feature on MFP to calculate these before I make it if I need to.

Tonight I had rhubarb (not sure what to call the cooking method!) But it was chopped and put in a saucepan with some dark brown sugar (Made a huge batch with my mum as my parents had a bumper crop - 850g rhubarb + 40g sugar) set heat to medium and stir every so often until soft. (I had 100g which worked out as only 31 cals! - used the end weight as the serving size so I could just put in 100 portions for 100g) Served with vanilla ice cream (55g - 110 cals) and crumbled digestive biscuits (71 cals each - I had two) - we've been watching too many cooking programmes so were calling it 'deconstructed rhubarb crumble' :tongue: It worked out as 286 cals altogether, but the rhubarb itself is very low cal!
  • SandraDee272
    SandraDee272 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Lots of great ideas. Thank you!
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/ - I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned yet! Great blog FULL of healthy desserts including cakes for one, older recipes don't have cals but I use the recipe feature on MFP to calculate these before I make it if I need to.

Tonight I had rhubarb (not sure what to call the cooking method!) But it was chopped and put in a saucepan with some dark brown sugar (Made a huge batch with my mum as my parents had a bumper crop - 850g rhubarb + 40g sugar) set heat to medium and stir every so often until soft. (I had 100g which worked out as only 31 cals! - used the end weight as the serving size so I could just put in 100 portions for 100g) Served with vanilla ice cream (55g - 110 cals) and crumbled digestive biscuits (71 cals each - I had two) - we've been watching too many cooking programmes so were calling it 'deconstructed rhubarb crumble' :tongue: It worked out as 286 cals altogether, but the rhubarb itself is very low cal!

Have you ever tried her cookie dough recipe? If so how did it taste?