New to MFP

Options
VDub123
VDub123 Posts: 4 Member
Hey everyone, I have been looking around for the right *tracking* system for me, and it seems like MFP fits the bill, so I thought I'd get on the boards and introduce myself.

Not new to weight loss or message boards, but new here so I will probably lurk for a while and see where I might fit in.

A lit bit about me...

My name is Valerie and I am not into the hand holding and high-fiving type of encouragement, I like to say it like it is, and want the same in return. I live in the Midwest, am married to a good man, and have 1 son.

Over the past 2 years I have made incremental changes in my life. I quit smoking about a year and a half ago, I started to eat clean-ER, and began exercising/weight training on a regular basis.

I have lost 14 pounds since February and I have another 10 to go. I look forward to getting to know you all

Replies

• missouri_rain
    missouri_rain Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome, this site is pretty amazing IMHO LOL
  • Kasuko
    Kasuko Posts: 42
    Options
    I like to say it like it is, and want the same in return.
    Ok .. here goes.

I'm not talking to you any more that profile picture is just too tempting :P gosh now I'm thirsty!

Seriously though, welcome. I am actually new too. I like the no hand holding too.
  • sexylonglegs
    sexylonglegs Posts: 278
    Options
    welcome to mfp!
  • KrissyD70
    KrissyD70 Posts: 92
    Options
    I also would like to be "called out" if I mess up. I don't always want that "it's ok, tomorrow you'll do better". I want "why did you eat that? It isn't good for you and you are delaying your weight loss"
  • VDub123
    VDub123 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Love the quote Missouri!

Krissy, I've learned that the only one accountable for me is, well, me. No one else is going to make me put down the fork (especially if they want to keep all their digits).

My other experiences with the MB are a bunch of ladies who don't pull any punches, and I like that. Why tell me *you can do it!* when you don't actually know if I can? LOL!

thanks to all that welcomed me, I'll be lurking around...
  • Cindysturn
    Options
    Hello Darling.... Glad I found you on here! I'm loving this site too!