1% Spandex Jeans & others tales of JOY in this battle...

Options
NewLIFEstyle4ME
NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
Wow, a lot in this battle of the bulge is hard, a bummer, rough and sheer unadulterated struggle....BUT there are some really GOOD things in this battle as well--super good things, like 1% Spandex Jeans for instance:drinker:

Yesterday, I pulled out a pair of jeans that I haven't been able to get anywhere into in YEARS. I thought about them, tried them bad boys on and UGH. I could get them on but just barely buttoned up them up. The were super tight in the waist only and as I squeezed into them a huge and ugly muffin top appeared--yuck. I started to take them off but instead said...Nope, I'm wearing them, torture and all. Put a big/long tee on and sashayed out the door for a long early morning walk. As the day proceeded, the jeans got looser and looser. I have them on today and what started out yesterday as "low-riders" they are now high waisted AND are now LEAST 2 inches or MORE too big in the waist, super loose--fitting not only extremely comfortably--but now almost too big:noway: , and they look good too!

WOOT--LOVE that:heart::wink::smooched::heart: :smooched: :wink:

Replies

• sandobr1
    sandobr1 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Yup, besides a muffin top in a smaller size is still a victory. I recently bought 3 pair of 8's, down from last summer 18's. I have a pair of 8 shorts I wore and had a slight muffin top, nothing a looser shirt wouldn't cover nicely, yes they got looser as the day went on. I too force myself to wear tighter clothes to keep me going and motivated, it has worked. I almost cannot stand clothes too big now, where before I wore the biggest baggiest sloppiest clothes imagining it was hiding how overweight I was.
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    I know I will need new shorts for this very reason - lots of last year's linen and cropped trousers were 14 because they got looser once they had "worn in" out of the wash, even though I really was 16 or larger.
  • mhcoss
    mhcoss Posts: 220
    Options
    just wait... I am in the process of buying an entire new wardrobe.. All my old clothing fits me like trash bags
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    Yup, besides a muffin top in a smaller size is still a victory. I recently bought 3 pair of 8's, down from last summer 18's. I have a pair of 8 shorts I wore and had a slight muffin top, nothing a looser shirt wouldn't cover nicely, yes they got looser as the day went on. I too force myself to wear tighter clothes to keep me going and motivated, it has worked. I almost cannot stand clothes too big now, where before I wore the biggest baggiest sloppiest clothes imagining it was hiding how overweight I was.

You ROCK! :flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • Mazzyx
    Mazzyx Posts: 131
    Options
    I love when this happens!!! Also hate it...as the jeans end up round your ankles...(yes that happened to me and my friend took a picture) But yay! =D xx
  • mandylgibbs
    mandylgibbs Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    YES! I shoved on a pair of 18's last weekend. Down from a 26!! YIKES! Anyway, they didn't fit great but they fit. I took them off because I was afraid the button would fly off and hurt someone, but I have celebrated that victory all week. I haven't been an 18 since uhhh.... uhhh 2004!
  • Mazzyx
    Mazzyx Posts: 131
    Options
    YES! I shoved on a pair of 18's last weekend. Down from a 26!! YIKES! Anyway, they didn't fit great but they fit. I took them off because I was afraid the button would fly off and hurt someone, but I have celebrated that victory all week. I haven't been an 18 since uhhh.... uhhh 2004!

Way to go!! :happy:
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    I love when this happens!!! Also hate it...as the jeans end up round your ankles...(yes that happened to me and my friend took a picture) But yay! =D xx

:flowerforyou: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :flowerforyou: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :flowerforyou:

Super tremendous, that's what this 1% spandex is....I can literally pull these jeans down now WITHOUT unbuttoning nor unzipping them, when--just 24 wee little hours later I could just barely button them up! "end up around your ankles" INDEED:noway: ...I LOVE it!!!!!
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Yahhhh!!!!! My closet has been a revolving door these past 15 months. Ive gone from a size 22 to an 8. I cannot wait to get to goal and go shopping for an entire new wardrobe and not just staples that i need to get me through to the next size. Its one of my biggest motivators :)
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    I know I will need new shorts for this very reason - lots of last year's linen and cropped trousers were 14 because they got looser once they had "worn in" out of the wash, even though I really was 16 or larger.

That's what so amazing about this wee 1% spandex in these jeans. Thought they were tight/snug as can be, after wearing them for a while BOOM--they expand like crazy...there is NO WAY I've lost 2 or more inches in 1 DAY:noway: :cry: :noway: No way!

I have some really nice linen stuff--that I really like that's too big for me now, I'm thinking I'll take to the tailors, to get the taken in as I shrink!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!