To all my 5'2"s

Options
Hello! New to MFP! Looking to share some support. :)

I used to be a solid 130, but gained about 12 lbs after my first year of marriage. At this point, I'm not really concerned about my weight as a number, and I'm just looking to burn off fat, and gain solid, athletic muscle.

5'2", currently 137. I'd like to be a size 4 before the end of the summer.

Replies

• bakedbiscuits
    bakedbiscuits Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Yay! I'm 5'2" (almost 5'3".. almost) as well. I used to be 130 too, but work, college and getting married and comfortable took its toll, and I packed back on 30 pounds (I initially had lost 100lbs). I'm down eight already, so that's encouraging. I'd also like to get to around a size 4. Would love to get to 115-120lbs, but that might be pushing it--lowest I've ever been is 128.

High five!
  • yaseyuku
    yaseyuku Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2", currently 59.4kg (about 128.7lbs) and looking to get to around 50kg (110.2lbs) and reevaluate from there.
  • kelleynbrown
    kelleynbrown Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Looks like we've all lost about the same weight! Too funny :) Great job girls! Add me if you like.
  • momo9128706
    momo9128706 Posts: 45
    Options
    I'm also 5'2". I started at 208 but now am 160. Goal is 130 =]
  • Laultimacocacola
    Options
    I'm 5'1 (almost (5'2 lol) I started at 138ish and I'm at 131.6. It has taken me some time...
    I want to get down to 122.

I'm sending you a FR =) so we can motivate each other
  • agtapia09
    agtapia09 Posts: 94
    Options
    Awesome state of mind!! I used to weigh myself A LOT. It took time to shake that habit but I now know that a lower bf% and stronger body means everything to me. Screw the scale! :drinker:

Btw, I'm 5'1 .5" @ 112lbs. No GW.
  • riosmarter
    riosmarter Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm 5'2.5" and am at my heaviest. I'm at 180 and looking to get back to 120. I had success a few years ago and lost some focused and put everything I lost back on plus more. I'm feeling super inspired and focused again. MFP helps keep me motivated.
  • gotitademiel
    Options
    Hey i am also 5'2" and i am currently 146 but would love to get to 130 (i don't want to push it)
  • bethanyedwards7
    bethanyedwards7 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 2 and a half (still qualify as 5'2) , I am currently 143 pounds ( 10stone 3lb) I used to weigh 196 pounds back in march 2011so have therefore lost 52 pounds , but my weight loss has has no decreased in 2 months due to giving into temptations that are constantly surrounded around me . My goal weight is anywheres between 115 pounds to 137, good luck to everyone currently seeking an healthier lifestyle/build :)
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and started at 197. Currently 125ish and working on lowering body fat percentage with weight training.
  • allgoodthings
    allgoodthings Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm 5'3" on a good day. My SW was 160 and my CW is 142. My next goal is 130. My UGW is 125ish. I'm turning 40ish soon and also starting grad school. I need to continue these good habits.
  • MzPix
    MzPix Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm 5'2". My highest weight was 252. I'm only down about 10 from that now, so I have a long road ahead of me.
    Always looking for encouraging friends, rather short or tall! :happy:
  • kjoy_
    kjoy_ Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    5'2" and currently hovering around 130, down from 138 a year ago. Was down to 125 for a brief period in january, but moving and a new job got to me. I'd love to be 115-120. Add me if you'd like support! I love my MFP ladies.
  • loricshields47
    loricshields47 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I am down to 5'2" lol.....age ~ .what can you do
    started here at 127 (highest I hit before my hysterectomy was 142) and am down to 117. still looking to loss some body fat and ready to gain a little muscle mass~so not too concerned about the scale anymore(if I say it enough I will believe it!)
    size 6 was the goal but I can now slip those pants off without undoing them! I see a shopping trip in my near future
  • bethseymore
    Options
    5'2" and started at 130. I'm down to 123.8. My goal weight is 115 (maybe) and doing strength training. Anyone feel free to add me.
  • TaraWeaver17
    Options
    I'm 5'3'' (sorry ladies) haha, I was always around 108-110, then I dropped down to 95 (not healthy at all) but I gained alot of weight since, I'm about 115 now and I want to get down to 105 by the end of summer. I could also use some motivating friends:) add me if you want!
  • joanne3616
    joanne3616 Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi, I'm 5'2" and currently 126lbs hoping to be 115 by the end of the summer. So difficult to loose small amount of weight when you are shorter. Working on it. Down 3 lbs since April.
  • jadermary
    jadermary Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and my CW is 137, I would like to lose another 10-15 lbs...the first 15 lbs seemed to come off pretty easily but now the rest seems impossible! I started doing 5:2 fasting about 2.5 weeks ago so hopefully that helps! Good luck fellow shorties! :flowerforyou:
  • sitastar2004
    sitastar2004 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 5'2 & currently weigh 124. I want to get back down to 117-120 & toned. Feel free to add me if u need support!
  • sarahjalink
    sarahjalink Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, I'm 5ft 2 (and a half :D ) Currently 138 and goal is 112. I'm from England so sizes are different, I'd like to get back down to size 6-8 (US 2-4). Good luck everyone xx