Global Corporate Challenge

Options
Hi all

Is anyone taking part in GCC this year? If so, what is you team name?

I'm in the Mischievous Badgers!

Replies

• shandi_b
    shandi_b Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I was just about to ask the same question! :)
    Our "team" is slack and hasn't picked a team name yet, so we're still listed as Tba....

This will be my 3rd year doing GCC, but t he last 2 years I lost motivation, hoping to really step it up this year (excuse the pun).

I will have to look up your team, see how you are tracking. :)
  • aerochic42
    aerochic42 Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    I'm in the GCC. My team name is Super Seven. I'm hoping this helps motivate me. I can't regularly be the last person my team that will just not do. I got to take advantage of the mild competive streak that I have.
  • closenre
    closenre Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I work for sandoz and they are playing as well but I was not allowed to play sadly.. said im too active.. wth?
  • jonny310580
    jonny310580 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Hiya,

Yes we are doing the challenge for the 1st time and really looking forward to it.

We are called the Seven Psychopaths
  • EvilDave14
    EvilDave14 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    This is my 3rd year & this year I'm team captain, even though I'm usually rubbish.

We have someone in our team who is doing a triathlon in a few weeks, so I don't see how you can be too active.

I use the mini challenges to keep me motivated. It really helped last year.

Good Luck all.
  • closenre
    Options
    I run marathons and halves and I am always training so I run 40 or so miles a week and they person in charge of assigning the teams doesnt want me running up our teams numbers.. So, instead of trying to win, we want lazy people who think they want to play until they realize it takes some effort and fall off.. Just my opinion in rant form.. Anyway, good luck!
  • EvilDave14
    Options
    I run marathons and halves and I am always training so I run 40 or so miles a week and they person in charge of assigning the teams doesnt want me running up our teams numbers.. So, instead of trying to win, we want lazy people who think they want to play until they realize it takes some effort and fall off.. Just my opinion in rant form.. Anyway, good luck!

That's ridiculous. Why don't they want to win?
  • closenre
    Options
    I dont know... i was told its for people who are not active to promote a healthy life style instead of letting active people do it because we are already healthy.. I understand a little but it still sucks...
  • alexandrajane84
    alexandrajane84 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it too! First time and wore my pulse the other day... only did 4000 steps! So woeful!
    Hoping this will help motivate me to shift some kilos again!

Good Luck everyone, sorry Closenre - we would have had you on our team!
  • mdraper60
    mdraper60 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    This is my second year doing the GCC. Team name this year is the Lean Mean Steppin' Machines. I just love this challenge, and am hoping to beat my step average from last year. :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • closenre
    Options
    I'm doing it too! First time and wore my pulse the other day... only did 4000 steps! So woeful!
    Hoping this will help motivate me to shift some kilos again!

Good Luck everyone, sorry Closenre - we would have had you on our team!

Well i appreciate it... Ill be ok though... Ill just keep running alone..
  • aerochic42
    Options
    I'm in the GCC. My team name is Super Seven. I'm hoping this helps motivate me. I can't regularly be the last person my team that will just not do. I got to take advantage of the mild competive streak that I have.

so I just looked up my team on the leaderboard and realized that there are several other teams of the same name ( I'm with US Alcoa) if anyone wants to track.

Shandy apparently there are other slack teams with the same name as yours.
  • EvilDave14
    Options
    over 23000 steps yesterday. Very proud of myself.
  • EvilDave14
    Options
    I've just looked at the team in 1st place & they must be walking 11 miles each per day. Crazy. Doesn't look like we'll be winning.
  • mdraper60
    mdraper60 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    over 23000 steps yesterday. Very proud of myself.

VERY impressive! My PB so far is 11293. Working on getting that higher! I set my Stage 1 target at 12500.
  • aerochic42
    Options
    I finally broke 10000 steps yesterday. happy happy. while i'm not gettting as much as I should be, the good news is just the fact that my results are part of a team now my average amount of steps has already gone up from the week before the official kickoff. because I just can't have the lowest number on my team (although I suspect that might be the case as my average step count is at least 2k less than my team average and one person has been on vacation this week and hasn't reported any steps)
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options

This has been my experience with "Corporate" challenges as well. Received an email one day that people were logging too much activity. I quit that day and never participated since. What a joke.
  • aerochic42
    Options
    eta for duplicate post
  • aerochic42
    Options
    so annoying when you work on something for a while but get no steps out of it. I cleaned up some of the landscaping yesterday - pruing weeding, etc and because I was moving slow it counted for almost nothing