crafty moms!!

Options
I am such a crafty mom I own a childrens accessory business... and I love just doing crafts in general... anyone else love crocheting, knitting, etc?? My business is hair bows and tutus for little girls and I'm getting into embellishing with fabric flowers and making my own singed flowers.

I'd love to meet moms or just women in general that share this passion!

I'm trying to crochet a hat for my son for the winter and I'm completely lost =[

Replies

• themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    I love to crochet, it is so relaxing and I love seeing the finished product. Your store sounds awesome
  • sheresamae
    sheresamae Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I cant knit but I like to bead necklaces and laynyards etc. I am somewhat crafty .. :)
  • tleigh
    tleigh Posts: 58
    Options
    My daughters love the tutus and hair bows...so cute! I am a sewer....I make quilts and tote bags. I like to try new crafty stuff, but the quilting is really the only thing I have stuck with.
  • DancingDreamer
    Options
    i'm not a mom but i LOVE crafting so much! i knit and sew (including embroidery and cross stitch!) (and have tried to crochet and failed mostly! XD) and have woven in the past!

i'll try and get my BFF (who is a mom and also crafty) to post in this thread!

good luck with that hat! crocheting is so confusing to me! :noway:
  • jenlhugg
    jenlhugg Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I love to crochet, I find it very relaxing. I would love to learn how to knit, and have tried to teach myself, but find it impossible. I don't know a lot of fancy crochet stiches, but can do the basics. I really like to bake, and am going to attempt to make light saber cakes for my 5 year old's birthday party this weekend. I have made a few birthday cakes, and would love to make it more than a hobby.
  • LoriLou67
    LoriLou67 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I quilt....but I have two little boys now, so I dream of quilting. I also knit...well, I am learning. I have completed a few dish cloths and a baby hat.
  • diet45
    diet45 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I love to sew. I make my daughter outfits, dresses, sewn tutus, hair bows, spirit wear, tutu t-shirts. I also love to make them for friend's little girls. I have some things listed on Facebook, Etsy, and a website. I haven't sold much. My dream is to open a little girl's online store. I have the website, but no cash for start-up right now. I'm making 3 little girls flower girl dresses. They are SO CUTE. I love them and luckily my daughter is in the wedding!!!
  • csingleton24
    csingleton24 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I love everything crafty...though I can't crochet or quilt. I wish I could quilt! I just got a cool new sewing machine that has the quilting foot. Guess I need to read up on it. I do cross stitching, scrapbooking, attempt at sewing, jewelry making and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE cooking and baking! So good to see there are so many other crafty people here!
  • dianka93
    dianka93 Posts: 21
    Options
    I sew. My children love to go to the fabric store with me because they not only get to pick out the style clothing they want, they get to pick out the fabric. Was a seamstress in my former life (before kids). Do a little quilting and some embroidery (mostly machine).

I also love paper crafts (quilling, card making, origami, kirigami) and photography, just don't ask me about scrapbooking. I rarely combine the two arts. Not sure why.

And I love to decorate cakes. Believe it or not, it actually helps with eating better. Dealing with icing and cake all the time pretty much makes me not want to eat it. If I do several cakes in one week, the very thought of eating a piece makes me sick to my stomach. But anyway, I love doing them and am pretty good at it.
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    i consider myself crafty. :) i knit, garden, decorate cakes (although i hate the taste of cake), make my own jelly, scrapbook, and dabble in photography. i can't sew for crap, although i have always wanted to quilt.
    dawn
  • rahretro
    rahretro Posts: 15
    Options
    wow I wish I was good at baking... I can do simple things such as cookies, brownies, box cakes.. but my friend suzie is amazing at fondant and all that fancy stuff... I want a lisa frank birthday cake!!!!! ahahahahahah hopefully by march of 2011 ill be at my goal weight which is my birth month so i can celebrate with my lisa frank cake! I'm such a kid... mine keep me young although i'm only 24...

Its good to see so many crafty people on here!!

As far as starting your business.. I understand I had to take out a loan... if you're in a good area you will do well... I learned that places like etsy are ok, but you have so many veterans on there that I didn't get many sales! boooo.
  • Kazren
    Kazren Posts: 88
    Options
    I make cards and cross stich mostly, i love doing these things but i rarely have the time to do it with three running round my feet (although not literly as one is 3 mth).
  • rahretro
    rahretro Posts: 15
    Options
    I make cards and cross stich mostly, i love doing these things but i rarely have the time to do it with three running round my feet (although not literly as one is 3 mth).

congrats!!!
    I have a 5 month old son.. hes a little monster weighing in at 18 lbs!
  • mlagena
    mlagena Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I'm not a mom, but I'm a bit crafty!
    I'm a photographer and I've started to sew! I used to do caligraphy, cross stitch and origami (LOVE origami) but baking and sewing are the two things that relax me now. :)
    I actually just finished making a rice foot warmer with a cover. I wish I'd thought to put some essential oils in with the rice (it smells weird. lol) but I know for next time! Tomorrow I'm either going to start working on a chibi doll for a cosplay or an eyeglasses case. :happy:
  • Voncreepy2
    Voncreepy2 Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    I love to write, paint , decorate cakes , draw, sew and create just about anything. I feel most alive when i am creating. I have quilted once and will again when I get some down time but mostly make clothes for my kids. I also have a knack for designing. I would have never known if my husband hadn't bought my first sewing machine one Christmas. He ran out of ideas!!!I had to learn to sew and fell in love!!! I really would love to start a children's clothing line, write a novel and just craft my life away. Fun , fun.
  • Kazren
    Kazren Posts: 88
    Options
    Thanks for the congrats and back at ya!!! cant rememer what he was at last weigh in, my others are 6 (7 in dec) and 2 in two weeks neadless to say they keep my busy! do you have any others?
  • grover0ca
    grover0ca Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I love to scrapbook and I also enjoy photography (they kind of go hand in hand for me :bigsmile: ). I do know how to knit but don't do it too often. I have tried to learn to crochet a few times but just can't get the knack of it-I need some help here-any good websites you can recommend? I would love to learn how to sew, I have a sewing machine but only use it for my scrapbook pages..lol! My dream would be able to make a quilt!
  • dodd319
    dodd319 Posts: 228
    Options
    I just found this post.

I love to sew & I do a lot of machine embroidery and hand appliquing!
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I knit, crochet and sew though I don't do it as a business. I've had several people bugging me to open a store or at least a facebook page but I haven't gotten around to it and don't know if I will. I also bake and decorate cakes as a hobby and do the "smash" cakes for my friend's photography business (she does one year old smash cake photo shoots) and I do get paid for those. I have another wedding cake coming up in October that I'm looking forward to as I really like the design she chose.
  • bubbyp
    bubbyp Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Eeee its great so many other crafty people on here!
    I am not a Mum but I am uber crafty.
    I mainly do cross stitch which I LOVE!
    Feel free to add me crafty people - I have very few crafty friends! :-(