I would like to start insanity and keep accountable

Options
kaszy
kaszy Posts: 12 Member
Hi all:)
I just purchase the insanity workout and I would love to start doing it tomorrow . Anybody out there who wants to join me for the challenge ? I have recently became a couch person and I would like to go back in shape and gain more energy. Will be posting pics soon
Hugs!
Kaszy

Replies

• majasmi
    majasmi Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    im finishing up week 4 now. but you can add me and ill bother you if i dont see circuit training or other crazy stuff in your exercise diary 6 times per week!
  • WestCoastWild
    WestCoastWild Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Downloading it now, will take a look at some of the videos. If it seems reasonable (ie, not likely to kill me right off the bat), then I'd definitely be up for a 60 day challenge!
  • bill323
    bill323 Posts: 100
    Options
    I just got it too. was planning to start on monday
  • kaszy
    Options
    That would be super awesome! Adding you now :)
  • kaszy
    Options
    Thank you ! Lets me know cheers !!!:)quote]
    Downloading it now, will take a look at some of the videos. If it seems reasonable (ie, not likely to kill me right off the bat), then I'd definitely be up for a 60 day challenge!
    [/quote]
  • majasmi
    Options
    That would be super awesome! Adding you now :)

thanks for the add. some tips for the great adventure you are embarking on.
    1. get a nice big bottle of water as you will only have 30 sec breaks to drink it. so no time to run to the kitchen for more.
    2. get a towel ready because you will sweat a lot. i recently started using one of those 80's jane fonda type headband things to stop sweat dripping everywhere.
    3. if you are working out on a tiled floor (like me) be careful as your sweat will make the floor slippery.
    4. when you first start out with the jumps (or any of the exercises really...), dont try to keep up with shawn T right off the bat. just do them at your own pace and keep the form and really try to focus on the feelings in your knees. if there is discomfort, slow down and reevaluate your form. especially landing. there is always jumping. lots of it.

Good luck!
  • stacesouth
    stacesouth Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My sister and I are starting Insanity on monday! Very excited to get started also! Add me too! We also need help staying accountable:smile:
  • chineyLuv
    chineyLuv Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'm currently on month 2 and listen to what Shaun T tells you when he says FORM OVER SPEED! I've known a lot of people to get injuries (myself included) b/c we were trying to speed up as opposed to having proper form.
    Regardless of how slow you go, it's still a GREAT burn!

Good luck!

Always welcoming new friends :smile:
  • whitneyrenae
    whitneyrenae Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I started the 20th.. so im only on day 4. Id love a few partners... so everyone doing it PLEASE add me.
  • lawmaria
    lawmaria Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I started on May 20th! Add me too! This workout is definitely INSANE!!! I just finished 90 days of TurboFire!
  • Matt_C_195
    Matt_C_195 Posts: 72 Member
    Options

thanks for the add. some tips for the great adventure you are embarking on.
    1. get a nice big bottle of water as you will only have 30 sec breaks to drink it. so no time to run to the kitchen for more.
    2. get a towel ready because you will sweat a lot. i recently started using one of those 80's jane fonda type headband things to stop sweat dripping everywhere.
    3. if you are working out on a tiled floor (like me) be careful as your sweat will make the floor slippery.
    4. when you first start out with the jumps (or any of the exercises really...), dont try to keep up with shawn T right off the bat. just do them at your own pace and keep the form and really try to focus on the feelings in your knees. if there is discomfort, slow down and reevaluate your form. especially landing. there is always jumping. lots of it.

Good luck!

Your list cracked me up, just starting week 3 and we've lived everything on it! I now have two water glasses filled and ready so when I can actually breathe I can grab a drink. Have a towel that is soaked by the end. On tile and have another towel to dry the floor on breaks. Don't watch the screen except to remind me where we're at and just do the pace I can.
    You really should add one of you in the headband to your pictures :)
  • chasero
    chasero Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    In the middle of Week 3 now, I've noticed a nice change in endurance and my results between Fit Test 1 and 2 is decent for me, just remember not to give up, keep pushing! I'm not sure if Support group is something you're interested, but here are a few if you want to find other people that does it daily.

Are You Insane? Start: May 6th
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/14061-are-you-insane-start-may-6
    Im in this group and we have Daily Logs (thread), Discussion and Question Thread, and Fit Test Thread for posting results. Anyone is able to join, not just those who started on May 6.

Starting Insanity on 25. of May (Saturday)
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/14362-starting-insanity-on-25-of-may-saturday
    I believe lawmaria is in this group, she could tell you more on how this one is situated via pm or however she goes about it.

here is a link that has a search query for Insanity within Groups:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/search?utf8=✓&phrase=insanity

Join one, join 'em all, or join none, up to you! Look around, add me as a friend if you want, and remember, DIG DEEP! Don't forget your form, as Shaun T says, "Quality over Quantity."
  • brentbarrie
    brentbarrie Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I'm currently on month 2 and listen to what Shaun T tells you when he says FORM OVER SPEED! I've known a lot of people to get injuries (myself included) b/c we were trying to speed up as opposed to having proper form.
    Regardless of how slow you go, it's still a GREAT burn!

Good luck!

Always welcoming new friends :smile:

Where at in Month 2? I just started month 2 yesterday.

Anyone feel free to add me.
  • newmrsdec10
    newmrsdec10 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Insanity!

I just finished my 3rd round of Insanity last week. 0_0 Yep, I'm insane! I love it though. First round I lost 8 lbs and over 25 inches overall. Working on my current progress stats now from round 3.

Definitely go at your own pace as you get started and like a PP said, form over speed. It will not get easier because you'll get better and then push harder.

Get a good pair of cross trainers, not running shoes.

Take pictures and measurements. Repeat them throughout (you pick how often; I did measurements every 3 weeks and pics every week on rest day) The scale may or may not move as you think it should, but your body will change if you put in the work and have good nutrition. Be sure you're eating enough (of the right calories) to fuel your workouts. (some people are unhappy with themselves physically, but take them anyway! They can be crucial for you when you think you're not making any progress!)

Feel free to add me for support. I'm not doing it currently, but it helps to have people (Insaniacs) rooting you on who know what you're going through! :D
  • majasmi
    Options
    Your list cracked me up, just starting week 3 and we've lived everything on it! I now have two water glasses filled and ready so when I can actually breathe I can grab a drink. Have a towel that is soaked by the end. On tile and have another towel to dry the floor on breaks. Don't watch the screen except to remind me where we're at and just do the pace I can.
    You really should add one of you in the headband to your pictures :)

im embarassed enough with it hahah. even worried my own wife will see me wearing it ahhaahha. no pictures. but it does help stop sweat dripping all over the floor. will think about getting a bandanna instead. that might work even better.
  • cathiforsythe
    Options
    I just completed day 4 -- all I can say is that though I've been active and going to the gym regularly, this workout is kicking my butt! It's great!
  • cristynfaye
    cristynfaye Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I love Insanity! I mean, I hate it, but I love it. You'll know what I mean when you start. I'm in week 3 or 4 now. I haven't seen any weight lost or inches lost, but I definitely have noticed an improvement in my stamina and energy. I'm gonna keep going with it and make it through the 90 days!
  • blackmagic25
    blackmagic25 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Insanity on the Wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy lol
  • ShallaLovee1
    ShallaLovee1 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Currently in week 7 of insanity. Ready for my dang t-shirt! Add me if you'd like. Just leave a message please! Good luck!