I'm putting weight on and I want to loose it!!

Options
Been eating well training well feel like I've lost weight from my stomach but not sure if its in my head! And I've but 2lb on in 3 weeks but my legs chest n biceps feel a lot firmer! Could this b muscle ? Or am I getting fatter haha

Replies

• MaeRenee94
    MaeRenee94 Posts: 175
    Options
    From your description..obvioulsy muscle. Throw out the scale and do measurments and base it off how you feel.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    2 Lbs in 3 weeks absolutely is not muscle...a man with reasonably decent genes and a lot of hard work in the gym might be able to put on 5-6 Lbs of muscle in an entire year...and that's busting his *kitten*, eating a surplus of calories and pushing a lot of weight.

My guess is that you're actually not at a calorie deficit and that you're maintaining and the 2 Lbs is water weight. I fluctuate easily 2-3 Lbs per day...sometimes more.
  • Heather_MXP
    Heather_MXP Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    It's normal for your weight to fluctuate. Are you tracking inches as well as pounds? That might be where you see the difference.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    2 Lbs in 3 weeks absolutely is not muscle...a man with reasonably decent genes and a lot of hard work in the gym might be able to put on 5-6 Lbs of muscle in an entire year...and that's busting his *kitten*, eating a surplus of calories and pushing a lot of weight.

My guess is that you're actually not at a calorie deficit and that you're maintaining and the 2 Lbs is water weight. I fluctuate easily 2-3 Lbs per day...sometimes more.

^^^^ THIS. ^^^^

You can't gain that much muscle that quickly. It's probably water weight that your muscles are retaining to aid in recovery.
  • rgrange
    rgrange Posts: 236 Member
    Options

Listen to this guy.
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options

So...when you see these Hollywood actors that bulk up hugely for a role in 6 or 8 months, they've got to be doing steroids?
  • philmo84
    philmo84 Posts: 7
    Options
    Cheers guys thanks for the input I'm going to measure my self the night n stop concentrating on the scales would any1 be willing to help me with my diet to see if ok am keeping to my calorie count is this enough or should I try n cut out carbs n up protein in currently taking a diet whey protein will this help me burn fat?
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    Cheers guys thanks for the input I'm going to measure my self the night n stop concentrating on the scales would any1 be willing to help me with my diet to see if ok am keeping to my calorie count is this enough or should I try n cut out carbs n up protein in currently taking a diet whey protein will this help me burn fat?

did you read the post about TDEE and calories and macros? "in Place of a Roadmap" it will help you with figuring out carbs and proteins.

Here is the link if you don,t have it yet-
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

I didn't see your diet/food log.
    Protein powder doesn't help you burn fat, not directly. Having more muscle helps you burn more calories and getting enough protein helps you not lose as much muscle while you lose weight. That's how I understand it works anyway.
  • lcfairbairn74
    lcfairbairn74 Posts: 412 Member
    Options

did you read the post about TDEE and calories and macros? "in Place of a Roadmap" it will help you with figuring out carbs and proteins.

Here is the link if you don,t have it yet-
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

I didn't see your diet/food log.
    Protein powder doesn't help you burn fat, not directly. Having more muscle helps you burn more calories and getting enough protein helps you not lose as much muscle while you lose weight. That's how I understand it works anyway.

THANK YOU!! I have been looking for this link for hours! Have it bookmarked now!
  • Reeceybaby1988
    Options
    So...when you see these Hollywood actors that bulk up hugely for a role in 6 or 8 months, they've got to be doing steroids?

everythings possible in hollywood!!
  • danimalkeys
    danimalkeys Posts: 982 Member
    Options

everythings possible in hollywood!!

They are eating at a huge surplus and working out hard with trainers and dieticians. I don't doubt there isn't some "supplement" work going on there too. If your only job is to work out to get ready for a movie role, that's a little different than us commonfolk who have to work a day/night job and try to squeeze in our workouts and worry about what our next meal is going to be.
  • philmo84
    philmo84 Posts: 7
    Options
    Once again thanks for the input and help. I'm under calories the days a go to the gym so should I up my calories even If I don't feel hungry?