Wedding Music!!!! HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP

Options
Making our song list for the wedding
Grandparents/Parents walking down isle - Fly Me To the Moon or You're No Body Till Somebody Loves You -Frank Sinatra
Attendants Walking down the isle- Somewhere over the Rainbow - Jason Castro
Me Walking down the isle-??? (SUGGESTIONS)
Walking back up the isle (Attendants and Bride/groom) - ???SUGGESTIONS (MAYBE Fly Me To the Moon or You're No Body Till Somebody Loves You -Frank Sinatra)
Grandparents/Parent walking back up isle - ???? Suggestions
First Dance - Michael Buble- You and I
Daddy Daughter - What a Wonderful World Frank Sinatra
Mother Son - Because You Loved Me Celine Dion
Garter - I Like Big Butts (HAHAHAHA)
Bouquet - ?? Suggestions
Cake - ??? Suggestions
Reception/Dance Music - SUGGESTIONS (we have a small list but too much to type!!)

Replies

• FunkBunny
    FunkBunny Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    A beautiful wedding song...for you walking down the aisle... Pachabel Cannon in D. Gorgeous instrumental song, classy and beautiful.
  • Kawena1435
    Options
    I wanted to used these songs for when I walked down the aisle (I should have too considering the DJ screwed up my song):

"The rest of your life" by Na Leo (off the album Colours). Listen to the words in that song and i'm telling you, it would be perfect.

"It Might Be You" - By Erik Santos (this is a cover of the title theme from the movie Tootsie, but man, its a good song). There is another version of this song in a classical version by Paul Christopher.

These songs can be purchased on you tube. The snippets really don't do the songs justice. I would suggest you download them just to have them.
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    "Unchained melodies" - the Righteous Brothers
    a great recessional is: "I Feel Good" - James Brown
    "Do Wah Diddy Diddy" - Jeff Barry
    "When You've Got a Good Thing" or "If I Knew Then" - Lady Antebellum
    "Beautiful" - Jim Brickman
    "Endless Love" - i love the version by Luther Vandross and Mariah Carey
    "Makin' Plans" or "Love Song"- Miranda Lambert
    "The Best is Yet to Come" or "Save the Last Dance for Me" - Michael Buble
    "For Once in My Life" - Stevie Wonder or Michael Buble
    "You Are So Beautiful" - Joe Cocker

need more? :) i love music, pretty much any genre.
  • Kawena1435
    Options
    OH! I forgot!

Cake:
    "Pour some Sugar on me" - Def Leppard

Bouquet:
    "Hit me with your best shot" - Pat Benetar (a lot of people are doing "Single Ladies" but I suggest go against the fray :-) )
    "Another bites the dust" - Queen

Fun stuff always gets the crowd going!
  • blueanjel
    Options
    just remember that your audiance especialy family will be weepy durring vows... so play up beat fun even funny music on the way out so it helps with the tears. I recently wet to a wedding that did that and it made all the diffrence, went from tears to laughing in seconds! I feel good would be a great song to exit on! also ask the dj for help too, if he/she is a proper dj then they have been through this before and know what works and what doesnt :)

I Love weddings and kinda wish I was a wedding planner :)
  • Kawena1435
    Options
    I meant to say purchase on iTunes...haha!!! I was on youtube at the same time as I wrote that! Ha!

don't do single ladies!! I was at 4 weddings this year and each one did that song for the throwing of the bouquet! be creative and not follow the flock! Your wedding will be more memorable for it!
  • hartlife48
    Options
    Never Alone lady Antebellum...Makes me cry every time :) in a good way!
  • Voncreepy2
    Voncreepy2 Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Walking down the aisle: Canon in D or Air by Vivaldi.

My wedding march was instrumental by a band called Corrosion of Conformity. "Without Wings" Unconventional place to find a beautiful song but it was totally us. Find you in whatever you play. It is YOUR moment!!!!!
  • udallmom101
    udallmom101 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Last year at my wedding I used Queen's Another One Bites the Dust for the Bouquet toss. It was humorous.
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    one more! how could i forget....

"At Last" - Etta James :)
  • taijade
    taijade Posts: 38
    Options
    I'm using Prime Circle "As Long As I Am Here" (minus the vocals, so its instrumental) for when I walk in; if that's any help?
    The original version is lovely and the Cafe D'Afrique mix is also really good as well.

Acoustic versions of songs that you like can work well as they always sound so much more emotional.
    Go with something that means something to you and your hubby-to-be because it will be a song that will bring you back to that moment whenever you hear it after the wedding day is over.
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    Two that played at mine were "Wonderful Tonight" by Eric Clapton and "May I Have This Dance for The Rest of My "Life by Anne Murray.

We danced to the Anne Murray song. It's been 20 years and I still get choked up when I hear Wonderful Tonight.
  • TopazBookworm
    TopazBookworm Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    For your entrance, Cannon in D, although used often, is really a beautiful song. It invokes an emotional reaction everytime and is definitely a good background song (you want the attention on you, not the music).

When you’re exiting the ceremony, the music plays much, much faster. Generally it is one song for everyone, not different songs like the entrance. It’s your wedding though, so if you want separate songs, do it. Wee were advised to pick something with a faster pace. How about Michael buble’s “The Best is Yet to Come” (keeping with your jazz theme).

For the bouquet toss, I did Cake’s “(She’s Going) The Distance.”

For the cake-cutting, we were between U2’s “The Sweetest Thing,” the Archies “Sugar Sugar,” and Harry Connick Jr.’s “Recipe for Love.” You appear to like jazz so perhaps “Recipe for Love” would best suit you.

The music is really what makes the reception and it’s going to depend on your guests, that is, their preference. If they are a mix of old and young, you’ll have to do several genres (many older adults don’t really like the bump and grind of club music). The advice I got was to pick ones you absolutely have to hear and allow the DJ to “feel” the crowd. A good DJ will know what to play. And allow your guests to make requests. After all, your teste may differ from theirs, so allow them a chance to hear what they want. Also, don’t be afraid to tell the DJ what you don’t want to hear (we refused to have the chicken dance, YMCA, etc.). Just because you like a song, doesn’t mean it’s appropriate for a wedding, so skip heartache songs, even if they’re upbeat. The weddings I tend to enjoy are the ones with a good mix of slow and fast songs.

We had several friends get married in the same year as us so, to honor them, we played each of their first dance songs during the reception. They loved it and it gave them a chance to relive their own magical day. Is anyone special celebrating an anniversary or special occasion around the time of your wedding? Honoring them and their occasion goes a long way in the hearts (and memories) of your guests.

By the way, what song are you using for your grand entrance into the reception?