How can I figure out calories in my cake?

Options
WarmDontBurn
WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
I made a butter pecan cake (from the box) and homemade icing and have no clue of the calories in it.
This is what I added
Cake Mix
1 1/2 C Milk
1/3 C Oil
3 eggs

Icing
1 c butter
3 c icing sugar
1 tsp of vanilla
3 tbsp water

I have 580+ calories left today and really want a piece but have no clue were to start. Do I need to add each one up and get a total?

Replies

• tmcowan
    tmcowan Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    For the icing you can go under Food, then recipies and enter in everything and it will break it down for you.
  • AriesGrl
    AriesGrl Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    yes...add up each individual ingredient
  • sakitchens
    sakitchens Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I would add the icing recipe in the recipe section. As long as you know how many serving it makes it lets you know how many calories it is. I have used it and found it a lot easier than guessing. It sounds very yummy!! I love pecans!
  • StaceG1986
    StaceG1986 Posts: 350
    Options
    Enter the ingredients into the recipes section and it will do it for you :smile:
  • AlisaToth
    AlisaToth Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    When I make homemade anything, I add everything up then divide it by how many servings. So if everything together was 1800 calories....but you cut it into 9 equal slices then each slice would be 200 calories a piece...etc etc
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    How do you figure out the servings? I would have no idea how many people it serves. Would it not all depend on the sizes? I have cut some off already for the kids so no clue how many equal slices I could have got.

I think I may just skip the cake. I imagine it is loaded with calories.

But I did learn about the recipe tab...never even knew it existed!

Thanks all :)