Clean-ish, balance-focused, fun friends wanted

Options
I'm back on MFP and thinking maybe I should get some friends :) I'm a single mom looking to be in better control of how I fuel my body. I'm not extremist, but I lean toward natural stuff. I'm working on eating less preservative/processed food and balancing busy and healthly. I'm also focused on listening to hunger and not using food as emotional comfort. I've developed a binging thing at night that has become a habit that I'm now working to reverse.

Please send me a friend request if you feel we'd be good MFP buddies. Thanks!

Jill

Replies

• annanujanae
    Options
    I'm also a single mom and somehow managed to gain a lot of weight over the past few years, so I'm trying to stay active. I was lucky to be raised in a vegan household, so I like healthy foods, but I am trying to completely suppress my sweet tooth. I just started last Tuesday, but I've lost 12 pounds so far. I would love to get back to my size 6 pants from 2007. My daughter is 9-1/2 and a talented dancer and gymnast who is very careful about what she eats, so she keeps me motivated (We do yoga and zumba together on the day she doesn't have dance classes and I take adult classes while she is in her conservatory classes), but it would be nice to meet other people in a similar frame of mind.

Anna
  • ilovemybody133
    Options
    Nice to "meet" you, Anna! Congrats on your great 1st week!
  • WalkingMermaid_
    WalkingMermaid_ Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I'm a single mom too (from the UK) my son is 13 now so I have lots of free time to concentrate on me and my health/fitness. I guess I can't technically call myself a vegan because I eat organic farm raised hen eggs, but I don't eat any other dairy. I'm also celiac so cannot eat gluten, which leaves my diet pretty clean and natural these days, I just need to get a grip on my portions and calorie intake which MFP is helping me with immensely.

Nice to 'meet' you both :)
  • ilovemybody133
    Options
    Hi, Mermaid! Thanks for the post! I have a ways to go to get as "clean" as you are, but I'm feeling good about having gotten started. My kids are still little (8 and 5) so adding new foods is a gradual process.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    hmm, I AM DIRTY.
  • Fit_Mama84
    Fit_Mama84 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I'm not a single mom, but I do have a similar approach to nutrition. :) Friend request sent!
  • ilovemybody133
    Options
    Hi, Thinkin! Thanks for the request. The mom part is not a requirement... just a fact of life for me :)
  • goldianmom
    goldianmom Posts: 8
    Options
    Have you looked at the website Skinnymom.com? Lots of great info!
    Diane
  • ilovemybody133
    Options
    Thanks, Diane! I haven't heard of that one before I don't think. I will check it ouT