I want a HRM any suggestions?

Options
2»

Replies

• CTCMom2009
    CTCMom2009 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Hi..newbie here.. what is a HRM or Polar??

HRM = Heart Rate Monitor
    Polar is a very popular line of HRMs and other gadgets.

I personally use a Wahoo and I've found it quite good so far. Links to my iPod5, though I do have to add the info manually to MFP and FitBit. And I like the name of it!
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    Polar FT7 is the most popular of the people that I've talked to on here.

This, and mine syncs with exercise equipment that are of all kinds of different makes and models.
  • justmeg86
    justmeg86 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Great topic for a newbie.

I need to get one.

I hear Polar is the standard.

The only features that I want is basic heart rate monitor and calorie count.

I don't need the other features. No download to computer or GPS...I get lost while sitting in my parked car.

Max price $150.

Thanks for the help and input!!

Polar FT4 on amazon is about $65, that's what I paid for mine about 6 weeks ago!
  • elisew34
    elisew34 Posts: 27
    Options
    Polar FT4, came with the strap :smile:
  • rassha01
    rassha01 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Zephyr HRM BT. I use it with Endomondo for running and trainnig. Endomondo then links directly with MFP, poof no need to enter anything manually!!

If you do not bring your smartphone with while exercising it may be inconvienant though.
  • chasero
    chasero Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Great topic for a newbie.

I need to get one.

I hear Polar is the standard.

The only features that I want is basic heart rate monitor and calorie count.

I don't need the other features. No download to computer or GPS...I get lost while sitting in my parked car.

Max price $150.

Thanks for the help and input!!

A Polart FT2 should be enough for you:
    http://www.polar.com/us-en/products/get_active/fitness_crosstraining/FT2
    it's $89.95 on the website, but can be found cheaper on Amazon:
    http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss/183-2218031-7993957?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=Polar+FT2
  • r1skbreak3r
    r1skbreak3r Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    HRM - heart rate monitor for measuring calories burned during exercise. They are usually a watch plus a chest strap, and Polar is a popular brand of HRM.

I've had a few Polar ones and definitely recommend them. Personally I'm a gadget fan so like the techier models, but the basic ones will do for most people. Mine is an F11 I think, an older model, and has a diary feature that I quite like because it lets you set weekly goals and track one or two weeks of exercise rather than just the one session.
  • kniknaack
    kniknaack Posts: 32
    Options
    I have a Polar FT4 and I love it.
  • gotttammi
    gotttammi Posts: 10
    Options
    Wow..I guess I am new here. Never new they existed. I guess my $9.99 pedometer that I got at CVS isn't good. I would just calculate my steps and turn it into calories burned. Too me that seems easy but from what I am hearing it's not accurate enough :( Oh well I will get the hang of this one way or another. Thanks guys.
  • Mrs_Kruse
    Mrs_Kruse Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have the Garmin FR70, and it came with a HRM strap! I got it in April, and I absolutely love it, I would highly recommend it! It has definitely helped my work outs, watching those calories burn is very motivating! I wish I would have invested in one sooner, because its AWESOME! :)
  • K3atie
    K3atie Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Suunto M5 - is adapt everyday to tell you what exercise you need to do and as what rate. Days when i feel like giving up . this really helps as i want end of week at 100% of target
  • meadowsmummy
    meadowsmummy Posts: 108
    Options
    Curious to know...i am also wanting to buy a Polar HRM - do you need to program it or download updates for it.
    it might seem like a silly question but i dont have internet at home.
    Thanks,
  • chasero
    chasero Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    You would have to program it with your personal information, weight, height, gender, etc etc (all done on the watch itself). There aren't any updates to the HRMs that I know of.
  • mikeyrs
    mikeyrs Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    H7 Bluetooth by Polar
    I wear this one. It connects to my iPhone which I have Digifit installed.

http://www.polar.com/en/products/accessories/H7_heart_rate_sensor

THIS! The Digifit iCardio App for iPhone and iPod Touch with optional Fitness Assessments module is AWESOME! It has totally changed the way I do cardio at the gym and outdoors. This is a great combination.