Belly fat

Options
Hey everyone! I had been working out for a long time and lost about 30 pounds. I lost a lot of weight in my face, arms, and legs but the only thing that doesn't seem to go down is my belly fat. I'm not sure if its genetic but everyone in my family seems to have this problem with belly fat.

So I was wondering, if you've lost the belly fat, where were your favorite and the most effective cardio or strength exercises for getting rid of the belly fat? I know you can't spot reduce but I was wondering what you think helped you the most, thanks!

Replies

• anderson8480
    Options
    I would like to know too :)
  • KristiDawn
    Options
    Circuit training!! Jillian Michaels Banish Fat Boost Metabolism and Jillian Michaels No More Trouble Zones are great plus a daily walk.
  • balfonso
    balfonso Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I'd like to know too!
  • HIzara
    HIzara Posts: 187
    Options
    Pilates is awesome at flattening the belly. All my pilates instructors have flat tummies, even if the rest of their body needs work.

Jogging and swimming tones down the entire body. After you lose you "fat", then your belly muscles will show.
  • ELOJ
    ELOJ Posts: 2
    Options
    how did you lose weight in ur face and arms? i'm trying to lose wight in those areas as well as the belly....
  • urmyeffinstar
    urmyeffinstar Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Ah circuit training! Is the Jillian Michaels thing a DVD?
  • ELOJ
    ELOJ Posts: 2
    Options
    weight*
  • urmyeffinstar
    Options
    Most by running and walking. My body tends to lose the weight in my face and arms first. I have always had very small legs as I played soccer and I get my bottom half from my grandma. I would suggest running!
  • urmyeffinstar
    Options
    I was thinking about swimming more! The gym I go to has a really big pool so I think I should get some use out of it :)
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options
    The belly is all about food.

Watch your carbs. Eat more fresh veggies. Nothing white. Not white flours or sugars.

When your buying whole grain products like bread or pasta, read the ingredients. If it says enriched, its not whole. It should say whole grian, unenriched... something along those lines. And stay away from high fructose corn syrup.

Go for more complex carbs like non starchy veggies and limit your starchy veggies like potatoes.

You don't have to go low-carb, per say, but less processed. Its easier that way. Look at www.realage.com for good tips on "waist" management. Once you learn what carbs are good vs. bad for you, you'll notice your waistline shrinking. (And I use the term "bad" loosely. Its all about balance and sticking to a less processed lifestyle.)
  • meliamom
    meliamom Posts: 23
    Options
    The belly is all about food.

Watch your carbs. Eat more fresh veggies. Nothing white. Not white flours or sugars.

When your buying whole grain products like bread or pasta, read the ingredients. If it says enriched, its not whole. It should say whole grian, unenriched... something along those lines. And stay away from high fructose corn syrup.

Go for more complex carbs like non starchy veggies and limit your starchy veggies like potatoes.

You don't have to go low-carb, per say, but less processed. Its easier that way. Look at www.realage.com for good tips on "waist" management. Once you learn what carbs are good vs. bad for you, you'll notice your waistline shrinking. (And I use the term "bad" loosely. Its all about balance and sticking to a less processed lifestyle.)

I agree. I was just going to post this. When I lost a lot of weight before getting pregnant, I still had a "spare tire" even though I was in a healthy range of weight. When I lowered my carb intake (nothing crazy), my stomach got flatter. Simple carbs can bloat you. You can manually lower your carb percentage on here.
  • KristiDawn
    Options
    Yes they are DVD's oh there is the 30 Day Shred also by Jillian. Also eating healthy is a BIG part too, one thing that made a HUGE difference with my body was completely cutting out pop and candy (chocolate, gummies and so on).
  • sharitamitchell
    Options
    Im trying to loose my belly fat as well I think I will try Pilates since it isuggested that it works my belly fat came in after my daughter was born almost 5 months ago, I am planning on going on a late honeymoon in November to Vegas so I want to be in shape by then.
  • ShaneT99
    ShaneT99 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Well, as you said, you can't spot treat fat. Everyone loses it differently and generally the first place you put it on is the last place it comes off. Just keep pressing on toward the goal. Circuit training, high intensity interval training, escalating density training...basically anything that is high intensity...will help to accelerate fat loss. Most importantly, of course, is what and how much you eat.

Hope that helps. Just stick with it.
  • 1Steph1
    1Steph1 Posts: 145
    Options
    Belly fat is the last to go...unfortunately :) You just have to be persistent, and REALLYYY REALLLLLLLLLLY clean up your diet. Good luck!!
  • 1Steph1
    1Steph1 Posts: 145
    Options
    Also one of the most effective ways to lose weight is high intensity interval training (HIIT). You can do HIIT workouts for shorter periods of time and see better results than you would from traditional cardio. The only down side is you cant do it 2 days in a row and no more than three times/week since it is harder on your body and you need time to recover properly :) I get my HIIT workouts from doing Turbo Fire. Another way of losing weight is by adding resistance training to your routine (if you dont already) I do it 3 times a week with a rest day or cardio day in between. The more muscle you have all over the more fat/cals you burn even while resting. I got my results from doing mostly weight training for 3 months and some cardio.. resistance 3x a week and cardio 2x, plus some walking. I used the program Chalean Extreme! :)