A salute to all current and former military MFP members!

Options
This weekend, Americans in large numbers will visit our national cemeteries and other final resting places to honor their loved ones, their friends, neighbors, colleagues, even some unknown to them—men and women who gave their lives in defense of our Nation. Memorial Day is a time to reflect on their service and their sacrifice, even as our Armed Forces are performing difficult and dangerous missions in distant lands. They continue to safeguard our American way of life.

Memorial Day is set aside to honor the more than one million of our fellow citizens who have fallen in battle since the founding of our Republic. Their service helped to shape us as a Nation and secured, for us and our friends and allies, our security in a troubled world. Except for their service, we all would be facing different circumstances today. During World War II, American forces literally helped to save the world from tyranny and oppression. Those who marched to the guns in the 1950’s saved a Nation. And the most devastating conflict in our history, the American Civil War, preserved a Union that would, within a hundred years, emerge as a world power, dedicated to preserving freedom and liberty. Every generation has done its duty, just as today’s 1.37 million members of our Armed Forces are doing theirs under difficult circumstances.

On Memorial Day, their service in uniform stands in contrast to our ball games and backyard barbeques. Our defenders are ordinary Americans performing extraordinary deeds, bearing all the risks for our way of life. In remembering the Fallen, we honor the men and women who kept faith with our enduring principles of “Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness.” We remember, as well, those who keep the faith today and honor their patriotism, valor, dedication, and loyalty.

I wish to honor those who have been called to the Altar of Freedom! Thank all of America's Veterans for their service!

Replies

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • Sweaty_N_Hungry
    Options
    Thank you sir...my salute as well to all who have and are serving.

I'll always be proud of my service to this country. Hoooaaahhh.
  • Follow_me
    Follow_me Posts: 6,120 Member
    Options
    Thank you sir... Air Force 21 years!

My salute to all past and present VETERANS!!
  • kenzietate
    kenzietate Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Thank you to all of our veterans, current service members, and all those who have passed in the line of duty! We wouldn't be here without you!
  • chels0722
    chels0722 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: for all those that serve, have served, and will serve.
  • Sweaty_N_Hungry
    Options
    Let's see you guys in uniform...here's mine, been a while.

35aqhb9.jpg
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

YES let's see! :love:
    tumblr_loz88pS5Zf1qhbuy6.gif
  • katrwal
    katrwal Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    thanks, JT - awesome thread.

Thank you to all who risked (or are risking) your lives for a philosophy many have tried to destroy over the past couple hundred years.
  • Vince_1964
    Vince_1964 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    <<<< Updated my profile ... pic from around 2007 when still active duty AF
  • slackerwoman
    slackerwoman Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your service!
  • Sweaty_N_Hungry
    Options

YES let's see! :love:
    tumblr_loz88pS5Zf1qhbuy6.gif

I wish I could see some uniformed ladies on here...
  • Jonesingmucho
    Jonesingmucho Posts: 4,902 Member
    Options
    Wanted to send a big thank you out to all military. I am grateful.
  • AspiringPinkPinUp
    Options
    GREAT thread!!

Many thanks from myself to all serving, have served and will be serving. :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • missbp
    missbp Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I wish to honor those who have been called to the Altar of Freedom! Thank all of America's Veterans for their service!
    Absolutely!

So thankful to be living my life in the land of the FREE, because of the BRAVE!!!

MB
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Many thanks to all brothers and sisters in arms.